Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

lv phantoms going back to tier 1?

<< < (16/16)

Guest:
Population wise, you could probably up those numbers a little more. In PA there could be 5 teams. I think there should be one in the Harrisburg area, then 4 in the surrounding Philly area. Jersey could be 5 as well, 3 in the north, 1 central, 1 south. No more National/American splits. This is still probably too many, but it's a start.

Guest:
Not sure if the numbers are perfect but thats a start. I think the hard part is unwinding what's already done. If you take away top status from some orgs how do you do that and still ask for the same money and keep the good ol boys happy? Thats probably the right thing to do and would help hockey in the district from a development perspective but the reality is there is people who run orgs who make money and lots of it. You are starting to see more teams take runs at going independent which will likely happen in the future if this isnt addressed. I frankly think they should get rid of all recruiting rules and let the best man win. The elite programs at certain levels would rise to the top and put hockey in a better situation. Would be cool to see 10 tier one teams in the district battle it out though. You wouldnt really see any weak teams. I have seen some teams who are "Tier One" where the quality of hockey is awful.

Guest:
how are Phantoms looking?  what is the latest jam?

Guest:
hearing Phantoms getting lot of looks from people out of area, few coming across from NJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version