Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

DVHL hockey team registration fees

(1/1)

Guest:
I am curious to know, and perhaps somebody can provide an answer. Why are the hockey organizations around the area still collecting registration fees? Though some are minimal why is this? I've even seen some who are not allowing the fee to be part of the tuition. No ice is being rented, no coaches are being asked to run tryouts or come to pick players. What is the fee for? Thank you to any, or all who can provide a legitimate answer.

Guest:
new to fishing?

without a fee, anyone and everyone would sign up everywhere and then decide what team they want their kid to be on.  why, that would be like fishing without a hook!  a fish (you) could swim around and take everyone's bait, with no commitment.  how on earth could anyone accomplish anything that way?  team making would be an utter impossibility!  Luckily, everyone knows what the teams are already, thanks in part to the annual tradition of fishing with a hook, and some good old parental involvement.

with a fee, you limit yourselves to the club(s) you are really interested in, at least enough to burn 50, 100, 125 dollars on, to see what other miscreants with whom you want to spend the lovely travel season, which may not even happen.

as for what the money is for?  most clubs say it will be part of tuition, and the clubs that do not say that are probably just using it to raise funds.  Either way, the purpose of the money is to get you to make a pre-commitment, otherwise, it would be chaos.

Guest:
ANYONE who gives these clubs and/or rinks a dime should be committed! Some of them will be foreclosed and may never reopen. Black bear will likely file for bankruptcy, leaving ALL creditors high and dry! Good luck getting your money back, so unless you can afford to lose it, DON'T GIVE THEM A DIME!

Guest:
Aren't players at 16U and up allowed to do evals with more then 1 team?

Guest:
Has anybody been given any kind of reassurance regarding a shut down like getting money back? Even if it's prorated I am find with that. Just looking to cover all bases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version