Author Topic: 18A petition  (Read 29538 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 September 05, 2023, 09:50:35 AM
If I am running an org, I would much rather have another squirt/peewee team full of 15 players then a half season 18A team that would do noting but cause issues for 75% of the season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10291,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 September 05, 2023, 11:17:38 AM
Didn't realize this is only affecting the partial season teams and not ALL 18A teams🤡.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
justahockeydad,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 September 05, 2023, 01:30:20 PM
If I am running an org, I would much rather have another squirt/peewee team full of 15 players then a half season 18A team that would do noting but cause issues for 75% of the season.
If I'm running an organization I would want has many teams at all levels as I could. I would want them all to play for something other than the occasional tournament championship and league championship. I'd want them to have the chance to play at districts because winning your league is nice but winning districts says I'm the best of the best in the district.

Ever since my oldest started playing at squirt and every year after that we have had players that are just looking to hit someone, even at AA. You don't think at 16U the players don't know already if they will make the 18U team or not. They absolutely do and they just go and cause problems because they know it is their last year.

I think this was a bad decision by the AAHA. I think the leagues and clubs can work together to figure something out for next year, I think this year is lost for 18A districts. I like some of the fine ideas that others had suggested. Would it stop the stupid stuff all together? Probably not but it will help, especially if coaches and organizations are held accountable.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
justahockeydad,Guest17779,Guest16772,Guest19475,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 September 08, 2023, 10:22:28 AM
I was at the AHF 18A showcase and engaged in convo with parents from different clubs. Almost everyone had no clue about districts being axed and for the most part nobody cared. The attitude was pretty much the AHF championship was good enough. A couple even said we have the best teams in the district in the AHF so it doesn't matter, I reminded them about Genesis.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 September 11, 2023, 02:14:14 PM
😂🤣You really think the leagues and clubs care about the 18A players. It's all about AA and Nationals. They care about the 16A and younger A levels because they can develop into possible AA over the years.

No Districts or Nationals for 15AA or 13AA either.  Sucks that leagues like AHF push for clubs to field single birth year teams in Tier 2 when there is no advancement for these age groups.  Nothing to play for after their meaningless league championships.  Would rather have us play 16U and have a chance at advancement.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18698,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 September 12, 2023, 06:51:50 AM
Being on 11/13/15AA is an option that can be turned down. If districts are the goal for the individual they can turn down that spot. Our club had a couple parents turn down 15AA this yr and their kids are playing 16A Gretzky instead, they feel that it will be better competition than 15AA. 18A does not have that option.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 September 12, 2023, 06:58:02 AM
ALSO, to add from my last comment. Does the DVHL & NJ have pure birth yrs or is it just the AHF? IF not again the parents and players have options if they want to play for districts.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 September 13, 2023, 07:42:36 PM
NJYHL has 13U-AA teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 October 26, 2023, 08:08:44 AM
It is my understanding that the 18A district is back on, just a much smaller version than in the past. From what I heard it will be just 4 teams in it; NJYHL Champ, DVHL Champ and 1 independent(AHF) from PA and NJ(top team from each state by MYHOCKEY rankings).

Anyone else hear this?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14817,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Petition To Allow Spectators At School Sports Events

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7277
Last post August 05, 2020, 04:10:38 PM
by Guest