Author Topic: 2022-23 South Jersey Squirt  (Read 5057 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 February 28, 2022, 02:24:11 PM
I was referring to the Mite Advanced team in Voorhees actually. But thanks for the insight.

The Voorhees Mite team playing full ice is an all-star team form multiple rinks playing under Mighty Mites name. They get kids from 1494's, Valley Forge and other rinks play on this team, while kids from Flyers Youth have been left off roster!, even thought they paid money. JH (coach) really screwed some kids on the Flyers youth Mite A team! JH younger kid moving to Squirt, but the Flyers Youth Squirt B team not that great this year. Not sure how food Flyers Youth A team will be next year. Definitely not as good as this years A team. Also, one kid from the mite team moving to Igloo. Voorhees losing good players due to JH's running of the program. A bunch of kids left last year and went to Pennsauken and Igloo. Those kids now moving to Igloo and not even thinking of coming back to Voorhees due to JH. BC and his social skills was so much better as hockey manager. Don't get me wrong, JH is a great coach but ignores only the best players!

I’d have to disagree with this. JH has been a great coach to my kid. And I would recommend his to anybody looking for a good coach!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18964,Guest11505,Guest12686,Guest12869,Guest17501,Guest19693,Guest13480,Guest12486,
Guest17066,Guest15813,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 February 28, 2022, 04:45:05 PM
I was referring to the Mite Advanced team in Voorhees actually. But thanks for the insight.

The Voorhees Mite team playing full ice is an all-star team form multiple rinks playing under Mighty Mites name. They get kids from 1494's, Valley Forge and other rinks play on this team, while kids from Flyers Youth have been left off roster!, even thought they paid money. JH (coach) really screwed some kids on the Flyers youth Mite A team! JH younger kid moving to Squirt, but the Flyers Youth Squirt B team not that great this year. Not sure how food Flyers Youth A team will be next year. Definitely not as good as this years A team. Also, one kid from the mite team moving to Igloo. Voorhees losing good players due to JH's running of the program. A bunch of kids left last year and went to Pennsauken and Igloo. Those kids now moving to Igloo and not even thinking of coming back to Voorhees due to JH. BC and his social skills was so much better as hockey manager. Don't get me wrong, JH is a great coach but ignores only the best players!

I’d have to disagree with this. JH has been a great coach to my kid. And I would recommend his to anybody looking for a good coach!

Not saying JH can't coach, he just picks his favorites. Your kid must be good and on JH's in crowd list! I know about 30+ families that feel the same way I do. Talk to the kids that paid money for Mighty Mites and then were told they were not needed at the tournaments because JH found better kids from other rinks! If you can't help JH win games you are a nobody. That is why my family is leaving Voorhees and will never go back. I know 4 families that left last year for Igloo and Hollydell and could not be happier! Other rinks  care about all kids not JH favorites.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12170,Guest16217,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 February 28, 2022, 04:49:06 PM
I forgot to add one thing. JH Is not just a hockey coach. He is the Voorhees Hockey Director. He should be reaching out to all parents and kids and make them feel welcome regardless of ability. Brian Campbell was way better at treating all families like they were welcome. JH plays favorites and only looks out for players that can help his teams (sons!) win.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11606,Guest11906,Guest14034,Guest18053,Guest11591,Guest18205,Guest11593,Guest13202,
Guest16007,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest16338,Guest17412,Guest12729,

Reply #13:
 March 03, 2022, 01:52:32 PM
Agree 100%! Leaving Voorhees for Holydell
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 03, 2022, 02:41:46 PM
You will definitely NOT find better coaching in Hollydell’s tier 2 program.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16876,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 03, 2022, 03:17:56 PM

Says you! They have some quality coaches at Holydell> Voorhees has good coaches, but playing favorites gets old.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19729,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 March 03, 2022, 03:50:22 PM

Says you! They have some quality coaches at Holydell> Voorhees has good coaches, but playing favorites gets old.

That’s going to happen anywhere you go. If that’s actually your reason for leaving, then you will run out of places to go over the next few years.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 March 03, 2022, 05:07:00 PM

That’s going to happen anywhere you go. If that’s actually your reason for leaving, then you will run out of places to go over the next few years.

You might be right about running out of places due to favorites. I guess ice hockey is a microcosm of life. Merit means nothing anymore, it's who you know. JH & Voorhees takes it to another level!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12516,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

FLYERS CUP - Council Rock South Golden Hawks vs Pennridge Rams Mar 22, 2022

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard South Eastern PA High School Hockey Classics

Replies: 0
Views: 5515
Last post March 23, 2022, 07:21:55 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
2021-2022 Tier 1 Rosters