Author Topic: People who club hop every year...why do you do it?  (Read 12311 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 06, 2022, 02:15:54 PM
I highly doubt it is parents from PHC11's at all on this board, i would go with a former parent of the team that stirs the pot. I personally know a lot of the PHC11 parents and i doubt they even know this board exists and could careless. Just my opinion.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 06, 2022, 05:01:15 PM
I highly doubt it is parents from PHC11's at all on this board, i would go with a former parent of the team that stirs the pot. I personally know a lot of the PHC11 parents and i doubt they even know this board exists and could careless. Just my opinion.

I know the PHC 11, PHC 12, Venom and Hollydell Hurricane parents for same ages. Trust me, tehy are the one's posting. I witnessed the Hollydell Squirt AA parents at the AHF Parity tournament. They were yelling for the giant defensemen to hurt a girl on the Igloo team. They also had issues in their other games as well. Last year the same thing happened from PHC & Hollydell parents multiple times. I have 4 kids and 5 nephews playing at these levels for multiple rinks. Hollydell has the worst parents of any rink and this includes NJ Titans. They give South Jersey Hockey a bad name and have no shame!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 06, 2022, 09:34:29 PM

yup for certain

I know the PHC 11, PHC 12, Venom and Hollydell Hurricane parents for same ages. Trust me, tehy are the one's posting. I witnessed the Hollydell Squirt AA parents at the AHF Parity tournament. They were yelling for the giant defensemen to hurt a girl on the Igloo team. They also had issues in their other games as well. Last year the same thing happened from PHC & Hollydell parents multiple times. I have 4 kids and 5 nephews playing at these levels for multiple rinks. Hollydell has the worst parents of any rink and this includes NJ Titans. They give South Jersey Hockey a bad name and have no shame!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 07, 2022, 09:56:36 AM
Hollydell has had that reputation since I played there in the late 90’s. They live up to it now more than ever.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 May 12, 2022, 10:19:28 AM
After seeing which players ended up on which team this year.....I am convinced, that once you club hop the first time - it leads to a continuous cycle of club hopping.  4 teams in 5 years..... 5 teams in 6 years....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 May 12, 2022, 10:22:55 AM
I think a lot of the club hoping this year was more of do I or don't I want to play in the AHF this year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 May 12, 2022, 01:22:13 PM
I think BB had a lot to do with this. My kids moved rinks last year to be with new coaches. Now those coaches moved from 1 BB rink to another and we moved with them. For my family, coaches moving is the deciding factor. Look at Venom in 2021. They moved and killed Pennsauken. So that is #1
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 May 12, 2022, 01:59:31 PM
my kid changed clubs this year but it had nothing to do with killing Pennsauken, he got offers from 2 18U teams and selected the better one.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 25, 2022, 11:39:15 AM
My son has hopped every season and usually for different reasons each time.

First team was a select level B that really was there for the hotel fun.  The coach would say to show up in time to dress.  That team was also for profit.  When covid hit the last two tournaments were cancelled along with the practices and we were not refunded.

The following season we moved up to Tier 2 A.  He loved the team and the coaching.  Unfortunately, the coach and a few players moved up to AAA out of town.

Last season he went to an organization 2 1/2 hours away.  Tier 2 AA but we have always told him if you put in the work we will provide you with what you are striving for.  The past organization had a small amount of players trying out and a bunch have moved on elsewhere.  we saw the writing on the wall so we moved on.

The current season coming up we have moved yet again mainly because of gas prices and other factors as well.  We cut the travel time in half to 1 1/4 hours one way.  Same level as the previous season but we hope to try that organization for future seasons.  We will see, lol.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 May 26, 2022, 11:59:44 AM
My son has hopped every season and usually for different reasons each time.

First team was a select level B that really was there for the hotel fun.  The coach would say to show up in time to dress.  That team was also for profit.  When covid hit the last two tournaments were cancelled along with the practices and we were not refunded.

The following season we moved up to Tier 2 A.  He loved the team and the coaching.  Unfortunately, the coach and a few players moved up to AAA out of town.

Last season he went to an organization 2 1/2 hours away.  Tier 2 AA but we have always told him if you put in the work we will provide you with what you are striving for.  The past organization had a small amount of players trying out and a bunch have moved on elsewhere.  we saw the writing on the wall so we moved on.

The current season coming up we have moved yet again mainly because of gas prices and other factors as well.  We cut the travel time in half to 1 1/4 hours one way.  Same level as the previous season but we hope to try that organization for future seasons.  We will see, lol.

How old is your kid?   I find this insane to travel that far for Tier 1 let alone Tier 2.   2.5 hrs each way!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

AYHL Landscape With People Out Of Work

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 4308
Last post June 29, 2020, 01:41:56 PM
by Guest