Author Topic: New THF Tier 1 league  (Read 25315 times)

Description:

Reply #60:
 June 03, 2022, 07:11:54 AM
My kid plays for an AYHL team, so I'm not shilling for BB, the AHF or the THF.  In fact, I think what they are doing is going to be horrible for the sport and drive up costs for parents even more in the long run.  But anyone with open eyes can see what's coming and it ultimately will lead to the end of the current setup of youth hockey in this area as we know it.

BB and the AHF are and will be the King of youth hockey. Bow down to their greatness for without them hockey in the area would be never changing and improving, rinks will close and people will cry I/E the Rink in Lehigh Valley. Ask them if they wished if the big bad bear would have bought that crap of a rink, improved it and kept it alive. I'd gladly pay more for a better product. It's like saying you'd rather pay $11 for ground steak(hamburger) at a steak house instead of $14 for a sirloin, a better cut of meat.
[/quote]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #61:
 June 03, 2022, 08:34:01 AM
Parts of your response you can clearly see the sarcasm in the post "BB and the AHF are and will be the King of youth hockey. Bow down to their greatness for without them hockey in the area would be never changing and improving" and the rest I believe you are serious. I'd agree about paying more for better quality. That has yet to be seen and will probably take another year or 2 to see if the quality is truly better, although I love the steak house analogy.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #62:
 June 06, 2022, 11:40:11 AM
The problem is BB is pushing their rinks to all have AAA teams or affiliates. This is bad. The rinks including BB need to shrink AAA to maybe 8 teams in all of NJ, Central/Eastern PA. There are not enough AAA players to fill out the # of teams now. 50% teams have 1/3 AA & 2/3 A level players. Shrinking the # of teams will lead to better AAA, AA & A hockey and will help the younger ages (below bantam) by having most of them play competitive AA or A games rather than crappy AAA hockey for 60% of the games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #63:
 June 06, 2022, 12:00:19 PM
Shrinking the # of teams will lead to better AAA, AA & A hockey and will help the younger ages (below bantam) by having most of them play competitive AA or A games rather than crappy AAA hockey for 60% of the games.
This is a valid point but parents egos won't let that happen if if they're going to pay Tier 1 fees why wouldn't BB take their money.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #64:
 June 06, 2022, 12:10:42 PM
Shrinking the # of teams will lead to better AAA, AA & A hockey and will help the younger ages (below bantam) by having most of them play competitive AA or A games rather than crappy AAA hockey for 60% of the games.
This is a valid point but parents egos won't let that happen if if they're going to pay Tier 1 fees why wouldn't BB take their money.

That could be said for all tier1 leagues
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #65:
 June 07, 2022, 08:14:30 AM
That could be said for all tier1 leagues
No doubt.  Tier 1 mite and squirt hockey prove the point. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #66:
 June 07, 2022, 11:09:28 AM
Why do y’all even care if some kids play AAA Sq or Mites? If some parents want to pay that much for more travel and an extra practice, let them do them and worry about your own kids.  Are there too many AAA teams in area that dilute the quality of AAA hockey? Absolutely. Does that mean there aren’t equally “crappy” sq and mite teams at A or AA? Sure there’s are. Playing Tier 2 doesn’t necessarily mean your kid is getting quality development or playing well matched games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #67:
 June 07, 2022, 12:19:34 PM
You make my point, frankly state AAA is diluted and I don't give a rats butt what people spend their money on, my point is orgs are NOT going to NOT offer AAA teams because people will pay for the AAA letters even if it's for ages that a tier 1 status are meaningless.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #68:
 June 07, 2022, 01:37:40 PM
Shrink the number of teams.... Shrink... Shrink...
That word does not compute when applied to a balance sheet.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #69:
 June 07, 2022, 03:01:11 PM
Not true.  Mercer was 2011 was good because they had two big forwards who could score and a fantastic little goalie.  The lost in the playoffs with their coach being on vacation.  They'll be missed in the AY.

Mercer 2011 is not very good. They finished in 8th place in THF parity event. THF is a weak league. No Flyers Elite, Valley Forge or Elite Hockey to beat up on anymore. Mercer 2011 very overrated!

The parity even was not a perfect predictor of a team's strength. My understanding is that Mercer 11s were missing a few players. And the Hitmen 11s played a deceptively soft schedule. One 2011 was down to 5 skaters for their last game. Other teams looked like they had signed and brought more than 15 skaters.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8483
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Metro Elite League

Started by GuestBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 3
Views: 4959
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:19:06 AM
by Guest
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6945
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35481
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9137
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution