Author Topic: Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?  (Read 24177 times)

Description:

Reply #70:
 June 16, 2022, 12:51:06 PM
Wow, so much hate from NJ & DV! Not sure where June 15 date came from? Here is what is team manager told us-

1. June 20th preliminary schedule issued to team managers to share with teams
2. Managers give schedule to families for any conflicts
3. Managers give conflicts (if any) to AHF for adjustment of schedule
4. Final schedules issued by July 31

AHF has already given teams showcase, all-star & playoff locations and dates. Let me ask this- has the DV or NJ ever asked teams for input into schedule? NO!

As to you morons that let ice hockey dictate you life, you can suck it! Families on my team have a life outside hockey with other kids that do not play hockey. Families are about all your kids not just your next Gretzky. Have fun spending all you time is a rink and your money on your NHL dream, only to have your kid play beer league!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10056,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #71:
 June 20, 2022, 08:42:44 AM
Still no word from AHF and Atlantic district on this?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #72:
 June 21, 2022, 02:55:00 PM
There has to be a path, there is no way Team Philly and John Graves are dumb enough to hitch their wagon to a train that can't get them to nationals.  If the Ducks didn't have an opportunity why would you play anywhere other than the JBH in DE, that's a free shot to nationals. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #73:
 June 24, 2022, 09:35:44 AM
Many agree there will be a path...but what is so hard about announcing exactly what the path is and how it will work with District teams now teams playing in DV, NJ, and AHF?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #74:
 July 07, 2022, 06:44:31 AM
The Tournament Committee will be named and begin meeting in the next few weeks to establish the process for advancement of teams to District tournament play. The committee will include representatives from the cross-sections of our Affiliate and a finalized plan will be released around August 1. AAHA Annual Meeting Highlights
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #75:
 July 07, 2022, 06:53:50 AM
That will get the dvhl "only path" loyalist panties in a bunch. Look forward to hearing the outcome and watching the tears flow knowing that was their hail mary to save them from  their demise.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #76:
 July 07, 2022, 07:37:23 AM
I don't think anyone didn't think AHF wouldn't have a path to nationals, someone pointed out TP and it's owner, which is where my boys play, wouldn't join if they couldn't send their teams to the tourney.  My question is how long until AHF decides they don't want to pay to be part of USA Hockey.  They're already running ref clinics outside of USA Hockey, and the pace they're collecting rinks and orgs, already said screw off to local districts up and down the east coast and mid-west, and at T1, how long until they say the same to USAH?  With an 18U and 16U it will be after my time but youth hockey is going to look very different.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #77:
 July 07, 2022, 10:23:09 AM
My guess is there will not be an automatic bye to districts anymore for the DVHL. They will fight like he'll to keep it, but I think it will be more embarrassing to the district to have a team with an automatic bye to districts get destroyed.

Three DVHL and three AHF in a playoff to determine the top two seeds to go to districts? Round Robin with each league playing everyone of the other (3 games). Top 4 in a playoff with the winners moving into districts the next weekend?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #78:
 July 07, 2022, 12:20:50 PM
Three DVHL and three AHF in a playoff to determine the top two seeds to go to districts? Round Robin with each league playing everyone of the other (3 games). Top 4 in a playoff with the winners moving into districts the next weekend?

That sounds like a pretty good plan, especially for the AHF being they'd have 3 of the 4 teams going into the Playoff.

How would the pure 13's and 15's divisions play into this? That may put the top 4 out of 4  teams all out of the AHF into the playoff.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #79:
 July 07, 2022, 10:55:55 PM
Maybe the organizations should have thought about it before jumping to the AHF.  The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: