Author Topic: Dedicated to AAA & Jr. Parents  (Read 18083 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 July 05, 2022, 03:58:26 PM
I feel bad for all the tier 2 parents who pay as much as AAA teams, and have a shortened season

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest11312,Guest10816,

Reply #11:
 July 06, 2022, 10:37:00 AM
I feel bad for all the tier 2 parents who pay as much as AAA teams, and have a shortened season

Really $3400 is as much as you pay for AAA. How about $4500, plus uniform/equipment package and all the travel. Our games are 1 hour away max and we get 3 days per week practice with 45 games. Not sure how many games is enough for your future NHLer. Your kid will be playing beer league by 22 just like mine. AAA parent are such morons!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 July 06, 2022, 10:38:57 AM
That is what will get you to the next level. Not AAA year round hockey at 9-12 years of age. WAKE UP!!!!!
you're a fool, the only way my mite is getting to the NHL is by being on the ice for 3 hrs a day, 280 days per year.  I don't push him, he makes his own choices and loves it, I have the means to let him do it, it's going to pay off in the end too when he has ncaa d-1 schools fighting over him and he's selected in the first round.  I trust the process.

Love the sarcasm in this response! The best part is all the AAA parents, especially Hollydell/PHC love your comment and think it is real! PHC=LOSER!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10584,Guest13894,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Guest14380,Guest16573,Guest12705,Guest18450,Guest18157,Guest10523,

Reply #13:
 July 06, 2022, 05:11:05 PM
What a dope…I wouldn’t want my kid chasing the NHL. The average NHL career/salary isn’t that desirable.

4,375.00 - but that includes

45+ Game Schedule (including Tournaments and Showcases)
50 Practices during the season
Skills Clinic once a month
Three Tournaments
Summer Power skating clinic Summer Practices (July & August, scheduled by coach)
Summer Mini Camp
Video sessions
Team Issued Hockey Gloves, Third Jersey & Backpack
Practice Jersey & Practice Socks
Workout Shirt & Short

I love the travel, and like seeing actual hockey games.

You must love seeing A players play with B players? No passing, going end to end, offsides like crazy…Enjoy your local tournaments cheapo 😂

I live for now. Not decades later…Such a pathetic response.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15979,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Guest13803,Guest13537,

Reply #14:
 July 07, 2022, 12:35:40 PM
For me- 3975.00 - AA includes

50+ Game Schedule (including Tournaments and Showcases)
52 Practices during the season
Skills Clinic twice a month
Three Tournaments
Summer Power skating clinic (July & August)
Spring/Summer Practices (April, May, June, July & August, M & W)
Summer week long training camp
Video sessions
off ice twice per week for Summer & Season

So for a little more money you get a work out outfit & some equipmen/jersey.

The hockey at AA is good hockey. Very little end to end, lots of passing and real hockey. Also only 1 hotel stay for a showcase event for me. Have fun driving 3+ hours at $5/gallon, hotel stays at 30% higher costs than last year and food at restaurants that is outrageous. You will pay $10-$15k for your season and I will be about $6k total. For what a little better competition! My kid was "recruited" to play AAA at SE PA rink and we refused due to travel and cost. Don't tell me recruiting doesn't happen. Was told he was guaranteed a spot on team. He is a AAA player that is best player on his AA team. His friends are all A-AA players. He stays for his friends and also plays other sports. He's has been off the ice for 9 weeks until last night. His coach could not believe how much stronger he is, how his puck handling & shot improved and his skating is better without actually skating! I guess keeping your kid on the ice year round is smart? Try developing an athlete and not a hockey player!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11633,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 July 07, 2022, 12:43:25 PM
For me- 3975.00 - AA includes

50+ Game Schedule (including Tournaments and Showcases)
52 Practices during the season
Skills Clinic twice a month
Three Tournaments
Summer Power skating clinic (July & August)
Spring/Summer Practices (April, May, June, July & August, M & W)
Summer week long training camp
Video sessions
off ice twice per week for Summer & Season

So for a little more money you get a work out outfit & some equipmen/jersey.

The hockey at AA is good hockey. Very little end to end, lots of passing and real hockey. Also only 1 hotel stay for a showcase event for me. Have fun driving 3+ hours at $5/gallon, hotel stays at 30% higher costs than last year and food at restaurants that is outrageous. You will pay $10-$15k for your season and I will be about $6k total. For what a little better competition! My kid was "recruited" to play AAA at SE PA rink and we refused due to travel and cost. Don't tell me recruiting doesn't happen. Was told he was guaranteed a spot on team. He is a AAA player that is best player on his AA team. His friends are all A-AA players. He stays for his friends and also plays other sports. He's has been off the ice for 9 weeks until last night. His coach could not believe how much stronger he is, how his puck handling & shot improved and his skating is better without actually skating! I guess keeping your kid on the ice year round is smart? Try developing an athlete and not a hockey player!

This is actually a bad offering for AAA. Looks like Little Flyers. Most programs you’re getting 3 practices a week and all tournaments covered plus off season ice. AAA is more expensive because those teams get more ice. It really isn’t that complicated. Some clubs like Little Flyers offer shit but most are good.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 July 07, 2022, 04:55:09 PM
Show me a AAA program that costs under 4200 before the uniform package. Most AAA programs are over 5K all in, plus more travel. AA I am in is $3750 for Spring, Summer practices, 1 week 3 hour/day training camp, uniforms, 3 practices a week (1 power skating), 2 skills sessions per month, 2 off ices a week, 50+ games with 3 tournaments and 3 showcases. Travel averages 40 minutes from my house and only 1 hotel stay! Also for $250 bucks we got 2 summer tournaments, 1 hour from my house. I have watched multiple AAA programs. Only about 4-5 rinks in SE PA & Central & SJ should have AAA teams. 75% of AAA teams are just money grabs and get blown out by tope 25% of teams. These teams should be AA, which would push 60% of AA teams to A where they belong. Because of AAA money grabs, the other divisions suffer as well!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 July 07, 2022, 10:59:47 PM
LF 2012 played close to 80 games last year.
They also practiced twice a week, most of the summer
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 July 07, 2022, 11:04:03 PM
All hockey cost. The price per ice session is less with AAA, after taking in everything else.

For me, the travel is a bonus. I love it, and want more of it. Winter sucks up north. What else is there to do?? Another Hollydell tournament ??
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 July 07, 2022, 11:13:56 PM
LF 2012 played close to 80 games last year.
They also practiced twice a week, most of the summer

Wow. The NHL plays 82 games. Why are youth hockey teams playing 80 games? Do Little League baseball teams play 162 games? Do youth basketball teams play 82 games? No! And don't tell me your kids love it and want to do it. US Hockey has game limit recommendations for a reason. Even Canadian teams limit games. What the hell are you people doing to your kids? Please, for your childrens physical and mental well being, get them the f**k off the ice! You people are insane!!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: