Author Topic: Should USA Hockey move to weight classes?  (Read 10875 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 October 10, 2019, 08:15:27 AM
I have a better idea. Get USA Hockey completely out of youth hockey. It collects millions in mandatory fees, passes idiotic rule changes (no icing on PK, no stick banging, etc) and contributes nothing positive to youth hockey.

well, the icing rule is actually a really good one. Teams down a man should not have an icing advantage. its a really good rule.

as for the weight class. This is not a good idea. they need to push more for minor/major divisions.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12997,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 October 10, 2019, 09:43:53 AM
I have a better idea. Get USA Hockey completely out of youth hockey. It collects millions in mandatory fees, passes idiotic rule changes (no icing on PK, no stick banging, etc) and contributes nothing positive to youth hockey.

well, the icing rule is actually a really good one. Teams down a man should not have an icing advantage. its a really good rule.

as for the weight class. This is not a good idea. they need to push more for minor/major divisions.

Completely agree on the icing rule, why should the penalized team get an advantage. I would love the NHL to adopt this. Maybe tweak it that you can change players on an icing during the PP.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #12:
 October 10, 2019, 09:52:02 AM
Completely agree on the icing rule, why should the penalized team get an advantage. I would love the NHL to adopt this. Maybe tweak it that you can change players on an icing during the PP.
the rule is only in for 14U and lower and was put in place to encourage skills development of stick handling, puck protection, and encourage players to use their minds to get the puck from the zone rather than blindly panic blasts down the ice. 

regarding the banging of sticks after a big hit on the ice, i don't think it's a new rule, just a point of emphasis going forward.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11605,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 October 10, 2019, 01:24:58 PM
the rule is only in for 14U and lower and was put in place to encourage skills development of stick handling, puck protection, and encourage players to use their minds to get the puck from the zone rather than blindly panic blasts down the ice. 

regarding the banging of sticks after a big hit on the ice, i don't think it's a new rule, just a point of emphasis going forward.

so you think "panic blasts" do not happen in midget/HS/College and NHL?  The penalized team should not have that option. They are on a PK and blasting the puck out is an advantage for them. They should not have that advantage because they are killing a penalty. Its a really good rule that should be in place at all age groups not just bantam and below
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 October 11, 2019, 09:10:44 AM
Still doesn't make sense, My son is Peewee 2007 he is 5'5 and 106. He would still be in Peewee but when you see him on ice he is still one of the biggest in the league. I wouldn't want him playing up as I want him to be with the same age range, I feel if he went up to Bantam he wouldn't be mentally mature enough.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 October 11, 2019, 06:21:58 PM
Sorry, the no icing on PK rule is absolutely ridiculous which is why no hockey league anywhere in the world has it.  It was tried abandoned by both the NHL and the WHL.  Just something to keep the busybodies at USAH occupied.  Besides, every youth team I’ve seen ices the puck on PKs notwithstanding the rule change resulting it lots of meaningless back and forth and unnecessary face-offs.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 October 12, 2019, 11:09:41 PM
A nice idea, but too many obstacles
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 October 13, 2019, 06:03:13 AM
 How about when you were down 2 men? I guess you still should not be able to ice the puck? What the heck do you want the team that is shorthanded 2 men to do with the puck exactly?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 October 14, 2019, 12:56:31 PM
Agreed. Stupid rule change.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 October 14, 2019, 02:17:15 PM
How about when you were down 2 men? I guess you still should not be able to ice the puck? What the heck do you want the team that is shorthanded 2 men to do with the puck exactly?

Ice the puck, take another another face off and keep battling.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Buy Sell And Trade Used And New Hockey Equipment Online

Started by adminBoard Used Hockey Equipment Trading And Selling

Replies: 1
Views: 10021
Last post October 31, 2019, 12:41:31 AM
by Guest
DE/NJ/NY/PA Youth Hockey Directory

Started by adminBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 14741
Last post April 22, 2018, 04:55:17 PM
by admin
iTrain Hockey

Started by GuestBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Views: 8888
Last post April 23, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
by Guest
Tired Of Overpriced Hockey Equipment?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Views: 8656
Last post August 24, 2018, 09:12:43 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Video Captures Controversial Arrest Of Youth Hockey Coach

Started by guestBoard General Youth Hockey Info