Author Topic: Aston Nordiques 16u EJ?  (Read 5151 times)

Description:

Aston Nordiques 16u EJ?
Topic: July 16, 2018, 02:25:58 PM
Any idea who this team is? They are in the EJ 16U Diamond division. They are playing out of Iceworks, but every kid is from NJ. Just curious who they might be. Hollydell defectors?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 July 16, 2018, 02:37:23 PM
Looks like a brainchild creation of the rink manager Stephane Charbonneau http://www.iceworks.net/hockey_private.shtml and from what I understand Guy Gaudreau didn't lose any players when he created team Philadelphia, (Hollydell version).
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 July 16, 2018, 04:09:20 PM
Looks like a brainchild creation of the rink manager Stephane Charbonneau http://www.iceworks.net/hockey_private.shtml and from what I understand Guy Gaudreau didn't lose any players when he created team Philadelphia, (Hollydell version).

My first thought was Stephane since I know he has used the Nordiques name with some summer teams he has run. Just curious why this team wouldn't be Delco or LF related as he has interests in both.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 July 16, 2018, 04:14:37 PM
Good question. They have AA, A Amer and 2 A Nat. Did any clubs in Jersey fold a 16 team? It could also be that the Jersey kids season ends in Nov and he's offering an opportunity to continue playing through until Feb with this Nordiques team?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 July 16, 2018, 04:46:10 PM
There is a Laperriere on the team. Could that be Lappy's kid??

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 July 16, 2018, 06:04:06 PM
Sounds like it, Tristan, it's a select team. The Jersey kids are always looking for teams here in PA to play for after their seasons end. Wolverton isn't even a midget, he's 14U Flyers Youth futures. http://atlantichockey.org/teamroster.php?leaguetypeid=3&teamid=2356
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 July 17, 2018, 09:24:23 AM
I've gone through several and it appears they're mostly all Flyers Youth players, probably all of them are.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 July 17, 2018, 10:50:51 AM
Sounds like it, Tristan, it's a select team. The Jersey kids are always looking for teams here in PA to play for after their seasons end. Wolverton isn't even a midget, he's 14U Flyers Youth futures. http://atlantichockey.org/teamroster.php?leaguetypeid=3&teamid=2356

If the interest is there, why not just keep the existing team together and play EJ and non-league games?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 July 17, 2018, 11:06:56 AM
That would make sense, but I don't know too much about NJ youth hockey, I think they finish the season early because they're not allowed to play multiple teams, (school and club) simultaneously? The club season ends and the school season starts. Maybe somebody with more familiarity from over there can comment. But it is common for players to cross the bridge to join mid season with PA teams so they can continue playing throughout the winter season. That's a ton of money to play 3 teams, unless the player is a goalie, they typically play for nothing or virtually nothing since goalies are always in demand.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 July 18, 2018, 08:19:05 AM
This is a select team nothing more. The rink director or general manager at Aston and Rejean Boivin put it together.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Aston Iceworks Hazmat Evacuation Due To Ammonia Leak

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 6277
Last post August 04, 2018, 10:58:15 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Aston live barn feed down?