Author Topic: 2024-25 Movement  (Read 11322 times)

Description:

Reply #360:
 Today at 06:49:02 AM
Dang this is a lot of chatter by mostly letter chasers. Does it matter since AAA is soo watered down and your AAA kids will be in the beer leagues with my A/AA player. Sit back, relax, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride before it's over.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13175,Guest13181,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #361:
 Today at 06:54:02 AM
Still pretending that they are someone who left .
Oh yeah I forgot I posted that. I am a parent that left. Hear the kids talking after MLK tourney at office. Kids were ssying how this kid was walking around lockerroom on Sunday telling everyone how he is best player on team and carried team in tourny. 7 Kids said they did not like him. Wonder who the kid heard he was best on team from and how he carried team? Look in the mirror Sal. I left FE for mutiple reasons, mainly because coaches allowed people like you to act the way you did. It was just a bad mix on the team and people like you made it worse. Happy I left and happy I am away from your idiotic ass!
[/quote.                                         Acting like somebody else and making up bs stories I find hilarious .                                                                                     
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #362:
 Today at 07:32:43 AM
Sounds like SZ is living rent free in FE heads. I also heard the 2013s are worse than last year. Will they be able to compete at AAA level after all them players leaving the team last season ?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest14550,Guest18891,Guest17768,Guest12937,Guest14053,Guest10642,Guest12998,Guest13495,
Guest12338,Guest12282,Guest12364,Guest14498,Guest19911,Guest19115,Guest16802,Guest18321,
Guest14828,Guest14754,Guest11653,Guest17106,Guest10209,Guest14396,Guest16580,Guest13719,
Guest18063,Guest16012,
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest19686,Guest14411,

Reply #363:
 Today at 09:19:18 AM
Dang this is a lot of chatter by mostly letter chasers. Does it matter since AAA is soo watered down and your AAA kids will be in the beer leagues with my A/AA player. Sit back, relax, take a deep breath and enjoy the ride before it's over.

100% true. Honestly, there should only be about 5 AAA teams within a 2 hour radius of say, Trenton.

What do we have, about 25? If your kid is not on one of the top 5-7 teams, it isnt AAA. I understand you may have the money, it is a good value, and your kids gets on the ice 2-3 times in Spring/Summer, but it is ruining youth hockey / has already ruined youth hockey

My favorite is when teams aren't even top 5-7 in their state, yet feel the need to go to Boston / upstate NY to get their butts kicked. And dont even play the team down the street. Go chase those letters!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #364:
 Today at 09:38:35 AM
I see the same coaches posting about the need to limit aaa teams being the same ones who couldn’t get their own aaa take ten wins last year. Then went to play and coach at another aaa rink in a different league and think they can somehow develop the group there with the same no system play the top 4 kids mentality. Good luck
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest15157,Guest17112,Guest18951,Guest19357,Guest17250,Guest15112,Guest18006,Guest14328,
Guest10211,Guest16793,Guest12175,

Reply #365:
 Today at 10:26:57 AM
Bingo ! They could give 2 shits if their teams are good . As long as their kids stand out and have the unlimited ice time .
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest12279,
No reactions

Reply #366:
 Today at 10:40:32 AM
I see the same coaches posting about the need to limit aaa teams being the same ones who couldn’t get their own aaa take ten wins last year. Then went to play and coach at another aaa rink in a different league and think they can somehow develop the group there with the same no system play the top 4 kids mentality. Good luck

there will be no limit to AAA soon there will only be AA and AAA
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #367:
 Today at 10:43:11 AM

100% true. Honestly, there should only be about 5 AAA teams within a 2 hour radius of say, Trenton.

What do we have, about 25? If your kid is not on one of the top 5-7 teams, it isnt AAA. I understand you may have the money, it is a good value, and your kids gets on the ice 2-3 times in Spring/Summer, but it is ruining youth hockey / has already ruined youth hockey

My favorite is when teams aren't even top 5-7 in their state, yet feel the need to go to Boston / upstate NY to get their butts kicked. And dont even play the team down the street. Go chase those letters!

I don't think anyone feels the need to travel that far , that's what the leagues are making them do at A. AA.  and AAA
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #368:
 Today at 10:45:20 AM
Yeah absolutely sounds like typical JP and CO type of behavior
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12198,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15243,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #369:
 Today at 11:09:42 AM

USA Hockey ADM says no systems should be put in until a player reaches the age of 14U and even then they are more power play and penalty kill systems, with concepts through out even strenght play. Listen to NHL coaches, there are not systems in hockey anymore. This is an outdated thought. The best AAA programs by winning % are putting in systems at full ice mite. This is counter productive and does not lead to quality players in todays game. It leads to great outcomes in hte MHR standings, but the players are not creative or able to read the gam on their own. Players must be able to skate, read plays, have spatial awareness and think the game outside of a coach telling them where to be and what to do. The ADM model works and has made USA hockey players better than they used to be. Read the articles below. Winning should not be stressed. Outcomes are measured on how a kid is developing- skating, passing, positioning, break outs, etc. Winning means nothing until the kids get older. If you are complaining about some coaches not having "systems" then you should leave. I will put my kid with that coach any day. My kid went to multiple rink pre-skates and every rink was shocked at how he could adapt to the game and wanted us to come to tryouts. We did not and stayed with our current coach. That is what separates a good program from a system program. It may not show in wining results now, but down the line, those players will be better than the players that have been in "system hockey" since mites.  Certain parents just don't understand the game today. It is free flowing and creative and about concepts not systems. Some kids get these concept fast and others take more time. Playing as a functioning unit at 12U or below is difficult to accomplish. This is why when 12U top 5 area AAA teams play better teams tehy shorten the bench to 7-8 players with some kids playing maybe 1-2 shifts a game. How is this developing players? Also read the ADM model and they talk about getting kids off the ice, playing other sports and working on athleticism to develop the full player and not just the hockey player. Parents and coaches are nuts about being on the ice so much. Hockey IQ is best developed by playing hockey and other sports. People need to stop focusing on winning. Minnesota focusses on the ADM model and is by far the best state for hockey. MN A teams will kick the crap out of the best AAA teams in NJ, PA, NY & Mass. They understand how to develop players and are light years ahead of the east coast teams. Parents and Programs need to wake up!

10U: Hockey Sense Before Systems
10U Q-and-A: Skills or Schemes?
12U: Winning Hockey Habits
https://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0098/1005/Hockey_For_Life_Poster_2016.pdf?_gl=1*1fogtmf*_ga*MTc5Mjg1Mjg2OS4xNzEzOTczNDY2*_ga_PQ25JN9PJ8*MTcxNDA1NDU4NC4zLjEuMTcxNDA1NzI0Ni4wLjAuMA..#_ga=2.252930764.430586946.1713973467-1792852869.1713973466
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19561,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Delaware Hockey Situation (2024-2025 Season)

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 21
Views: 2554
Last post April 24, 2024, 05:24:08 PM
by Guest