Author Topic: DVHL Declarations a Disaster!  (Read 18006 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 May 19, 2022, 06:15:48 AM
hate to tell you this but tier 1 kids will also be in the beer league
And to think their schedules will require more travel than AHF and DV/EJ combined and not be released until August at best, guess the AHF T1 program has a leg up on them too haha
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 May 19, 2022, 07:22:55 AM
hate to tell you this but tier 1 kids will also be in the beer league
And to think their schedules will require more travel than AHF and DV/EJ combined and not be released until August at best, guess the AHF T1 program has a leg up on them too haha
The AHF is living rent free in your head. If you read what they made that comment to it is clearly to the statement that Tier 2 doesn't produce NHL players. No where does it mention AHF or any other tier 1 league. Do we need to have an intervention or set up a support group for you? My son is in his final year of Tier1 and that comment didn't upset me at all, the fact is 1 out of 1000 youth players make to the NHL, live with it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 May 19, 2022, 08:57:58 AM
The AHF is living rent free in your head. If you read what they made that comment to it is clearly to the statement that Tier 2 doesn't produce NHL players. No where does it mention AHF or any other tier 1 league. Do we need to have an intervention or set up a support group for you? My son is in his final year of Tier1 and that comment didn't upset me at all, the fact is 1 out of 1000 youth players make to the NHL, live with it.
I'm not sure who you were responding to, I was laughing that Tier 1 teams don't know their schedules before AHF does.  I know it's keeping my kid awake that he doesn't know where his showcases and weekend games are before summer break starts or he gets to officially skate with his team for the coming season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 May 19, 2022, 02:30:37 PM
I think everyone misses the point. There are a lot of families playing AA at PeeWee and below that have multiple kids. Some play hockey, some don't. My kids play soccer in the fall, hockey full time after soccer and lacrosse, baseball & track in spring, with skating 1 day per week. Not everyone revolves around ice hockey. the AHF has made things easier to know the schedule by June to plan around other sports. Last season we had issue with the NJYHL not putting the schedule out until October. This caused planning issue around soccer. My kids main sport is hockey, but being a former D1 athlete I will not let my kids focus on 1 sport until they are 14 or 15. Will this hurt them- NO. They will be better in whatever sport they chose because they are a well rounded athlete. Tier 1 matters at Bantams and above. The schedule is important to families with multiple kids where some play hockey and the other kids don not. Believe it or not, there are a ton of families that do not let 12 year and under sports control the life of the family. Families with Bantam & above I get it, but planning vacations around hockey when a kid is 12 or under is just stupid. The AHF is helping to make things easier on the younger kids. As far as no Tier 2 making it to the NHL, neither will 99.99% of Tier 1 kids. Sports are suppose to be fun for kids and to teach them life lessons. Not for loser parents to live out their failed dreams thru their kids. Whoever wrote the Tier 1 vs Tier 2 post is a loser!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 May 19, 2022, 02:37:16 PM
No kids ever rise from AA to AAA. Never happens. Once you make AAA you are AAA forever. AA kids will never get better! I guess my AA Squirt should just stop playing now. No chance to ever make AAA. Thanks for the tip. No shot at NHL, because of coyrse, that is the goal! I will now just put my kid in another sport. Please tell me your kids name so when he makes the NHL I can congratulate you. Also, nothing says vacation like hockey tournaments during winter in Pittsburgh. You are awesome that your kid is AAA. AHF putting schedule out in June sucks! My other 2 non hockey playing kids hate knowing our schedule months ahead. My eyes are open to how I should plan my vacations, if we stay in hockey since AA/AHF sucks. Thank you!

Amen! This post says it all, in a mocking tone. Get a life! Your kid will be lucky to play club in college, let alone play in the NHL. .11% of kids that play hockey in Canada reach the NHL. It is much lower in the US. Put your money in a 523b instead.  Hockey parents are crazy!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 May 20, 2022, 11:55:41 AM
No worries... just schedule nonleague games against half of the AYHL and two-thirds of the THF/USPHL Youth Elite. That's where all the AA players are.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 May 20, 2022, 12:50:31 PM
No worries... just schedule nonleague games against half of the AYHL and two-thirds of the THF/USPHL Youth Elite. That's where all the AA players are.

Agree 100%. There are very few AAA players actually playing AAA. Maybe 40% of players at AAA belong there. At AA there are probably 1-2 players/team that could play AAA and be middle of the pack for a legit AAA team. Less AAA teams mean higher quality AA. Look at Mercer Squirts. 99% of those kids belong at AA and some at A. There are probably 8 other teams in the same boat. Flyers Elite could not get any 2012 & 2013 players to even try out for AAA. This is because they saw what happened at to 21-22 2011 FE team. I watched full ice mites last year and know of 4 kids that made 2013 AAA teams. They do not belong on AAA team. They are barely AA players. You have maybe 3-5 teams in this region that are legit AAA at Pee Wee and Squirts. The rest are a joke! AAA in NJ & PA is a disgrace! That is why no one below Bantam should be playing AAA!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 May 20, 2022, 01:17:46 PM
Agree 100%. There are very few AAA players actually playing AAA. Maybe 40% of players at AAA belong there. At AA there are probably 1-2 players/team that could play AAA and be middle of the pack for a legit AAA team. Less AAA teams mean higher quality AA. Look at Mercer Squirts. 99% of those kids belong at AA and some at A. There are probably 8 other teams in the same boat. Flyers Elite could not get any 2012 & 2013 players to even try out for AAA. This is because they saw what happened at to 21-22 2011 FE team. I watched full ice mites last year and know of 4 kids that made 2013 AAA teams. They do not belong on AAA team. They are barely AA players. You have maybe 3-5 teams in this region that are legit AAA at Pee Wee and Squirts. The rest are a joke! AAA in NJ & PA is a disgrace! That is why no one below Bantam should be playing AAA!

SQUIRTS!  ::) :o ;D ;D ;D
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 May 23, 2022, 01:30:47 PM

SQUIRTS!  ::) :o ;D ;D ;D

Squirts? Yes Squirts. Higher levels at AAA are better than the lower levels. A lot of players stop playing once they get to Bantams. Then the cream rises to the top. Below Bantam 80% AAA teams are a joke and should be playing AA or lower. Also why the hell should any kid below 13 or 14 specialize in a sport. This is what you have to do to play AAA. This is all a money grab for rinks and for parents to delude themselves that little Johnny is awesome, since he plays AAA, and will be going to the NHL!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 May 28, 2022, 10:44:47 AM
How is the DVHL going to function with 2 Squirt AA and 3 PW AA teams. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15527
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications