Author Topic: Open Letter To The DVHL  (Read 29676 times)

Description:
Reply #50:
 March 14, 2019, 07:36:49 AM
Unless anybody buys a rink there's no rinks left capable of doing so. Unless we're talking Springfield but they're way too small.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 March 14, 2019, 08:00:44 AM
I don't know this guy that runs IceLine.  However, I don't understand all the complaints.  Every club, despite being labeled non-profit, is a business.  If TP, or any club, charges more than their perceived value, customers will go elsewhere.  He had every right to do what he did to the previous club; it's his business.  Customers will ultimately decide whether it was worth it.  TP had hundreds of kids last year.  DVHL would be foolish not to grant membership.

The focus should be on the DVHL, not TP.  They have their own issues that never get resolved.  That is where the complaints should be focused.  There are no practices in place to police the clubs.  Clubs using illegal players and the only enforcement is by other clubs.  That's the DVHL's job.  We can spend days writing about all the DVHL issues.  That is where the focus should be. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 March 14, 2019, 08:12:49 AM
I don't know this guy that runs IceLine.  However, I don't understand all the complaints.  Every club, despite being labeled non-profit, is a business.  If TP, or any club, charges more than their perceived value, customers will go elsewhere.   

No they won't. Once a club establishes a membership base you would be surprised at the allegiance the families have to them. They could raise rates to tier 1 level and parents still wouldn't leave.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 March 14, 2019, 08:13:08 AM
Know the facts before you post. It’s not just about him having high fees at all. He literally removed an organization that made his “business” what it is today. A non-profit organization none the less! Someone who made him over half a million dollars EACH YEAR. He got greedy and wanted to take over the organization for himself and if that’s what the DVHL wants to promote, there is seriously something wrong with it among other things. The cheating won’t stop. It will only now get worse now that he has a higher reach. You’ve all been warned. Good luck with that!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 March 14, 2019, 08:17:08 AM
The original Quakers news releases are out on the web somewhere. If I had them I'd post them. They used to be on a site called NJyouthhockey.online but that site has since ceased operations. There was an entire laundry list of demands being made in the new lease contract which were designed to drive the Quakers hockey club into the ground.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 March 14, 2019, 08:17:22 AM
You have a choice.  You are the consumer.  If you don't like this guy's practices, go elsewhere.  It's not a community rink.  It's his business.  You don't have to purchase services there.  He had every right to do what he did.  You, or I, may not like it; but he had the right.  If it bothers you so much, don't be a customer.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #56:
 March 14, 2019, 08:52:29 AM
You are absolutely right. He had every right to do what he did. Now....so does every other rink. Very very few rinks are owned by clubs and municipalities. This precedent will allow other rink owners to price out original clubs and then start their own.
The argument is not what TP charges it’s now there will be others that follow because the precedent has been set.
You about to see it real soon with the Delaware Ducks.
You do have to salute the Quakers for what they did. They put , what they thought, was the good of the membership first....they would have had to charge the highest tuition in the DVHL if they signed his extortion offer......hindsight they maybe should have signed for a year or two.....but they made it work.....with a lot of hard work and fighting off a lot of rumors and interference.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #57:
 March 14, 2019, 09:00:05 AM
You also are right....nobody has to be a customer at his rink.....but odds are they are a customer at another rink that runs the risk now of having their prices raised....
It’s funny now....one of the few clubs that can control the actual prices of their Ice is the Quakers.

Just take a look at the price gouging of the Phantoms....for other reasons than being pushed out.
The Ducks have a year .... maybe 2 left.
And every rink owner is licking their chops now.....
It’s not about the clubs and rinks it about what’s good for the sport......and this ain’t it
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 March 14, 2019, 09:08:16 AM
I am really not getting the argument.  This opportunity has always existed for rink owners.  Has a precedent been set now?  Perhaps.  But clubs like the Quakers that are able to provide a quality product for more reasonable prices should allow equilibrium to exist so that prices remain competitive everywhere.  I am not seeing the issue.  I don't see the move by IL and TP as causing inflation in the market.  Supply/Demand will ultimately dictate market price and if one club tries to charge more than their perceived value, it gives other clubs opportunity to gain market share.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 March 14, 2019, 09:15:02 AM
I think it's cute you all think the DVHL gives a crap about you or your kids.  It is filled with more inbreeding than the hill country of West Virginia.  It's a corrupt system within a corrupt system.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Open Period (Recruiting) — dvhl/ayhl

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 13058
Last post May 11, 2020, 08:42:14 AM
by Guest
Snider Hockey Registration Still Open