Author Topic: AAHA Rules or Suggestions  (Read 3228 times)

Description:

AAHA Rules or Suggestions
Topic: June 14, 2021, 11:33:49 AM
Multiple Infractions I see from 2008 through 2011 on this rule with local clubs.  Funny to see Rink Owners ignoring the district. $$ above the law$$

Frankly I think it's a dumb rule, let families go where they want to go. Prove me wrong.

NEW - INDEPENDENT, NON-TIER I, NON-TIER II, NON-SCHOLASTIC: Independent teams are generally those teams that travel and participate in winter season tournaments and games; however, they are not sanctioned as Tier I or Tier II. These teams are subject to roster restrictions effective the 2021-22 season.  All Independent teams shall not roster more than two (2) players from any Tier I team or four (4) players from any Tier II team from the previous season. The only two exemptions are those who try out with their original organization and are cut or not offered a player contract or players who join a club based out of the same arena as their previous club.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 June 15, 2021, 10:31:57 AM
Completely agree.  The rule is ridiculous and is basically an anti-trust violation.  It is simply meant to allow the owners of these various organizations to control their clients, while driving up the cost every year without ramifications.  I get the whole, we don't want to have super teams formed or coaches taking large chunks of their teams with them when they move, but wouldn't that actually end up being a good thing for hockey in this area?  There are 19 boys organizations with a Tier 1 charter in the Atlantic District, and the product is extremely watered down as a result of the District's greed and/or incompetence.  It's bad enough we have to sign contracts for 9 year olds to play hockey.
 Parents and players should have freedom of choice when it comes to youth sports, especially when that contract expires at the end of each season.  If a group of players wants to leave an organization to go to another, its on the original organization to look at why it occurred and change things to prevent it from happening again.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10542,Guest17514,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 June 18, 2021, 12:48:49 AM
Completely agree.  The rule is ridiculous and is basically an anti-trust violation.  It is simply meant to allow the owners of these various organizations to control their clients, while driving up the cost every year without ramifications.  I get the whole, we don't want to have super teams formed or coaches taking large chunks of their teams with them when they move, but wouldn't that actually end up being a good thing for hockey in this area?  There are 19 boys organizations with a Tier 1 charter in the Atlantic District, and the product is extremely watered down as a result of the District's greed and/or incompetence.  It's bad enough we have to sign contracts for 9 year olds to play hockey.
 Parents and players should have freedom of choice when it comes to youth sports, especially when that contract expires at the end of each season.  If a group of players wants to leave an organization to go to another, its on the original organization to look at why it occurred and change things to prevent it from happening again.

Freedom of choice is what is driving the watered down AAA.  Parents want the AAA "experience" and are willing to pay for it, so the organizations will offer it.  Simple economics.  If the market for the watered down teams wasn't there, the organizations wouldn't be able to offer it.

If you want to form an "independent" super team, have at it.  Just don't charter it with USAH. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2019 AAHA 18AA District CHAMPS

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 8638
Last post April 09, 2019, 03:31:38 PM
by Guest
2019 AAHA 14AA District CHAMPS