Author Topic: Jaguars Tryouts  (Read 27553 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 August 18, 2023, 02:21:30 PM
Actually from last years teams there was some very good 2013 & 2011 talent that left for Flyers Elite. There was also 3 good 2012 players that left for Hollydell and Flyers Elite. Two years ago, 2012 kids left for Blazers and Mercer AAA. Can't argue with them leaving as kids wanted AAA and Blazers had a very good team. Issue is Igloo is doing nothing to attract talent from say Voorhees. Voorhees parents would like to move their kids, but Igloo's reputation is very bad. I know they brought in VW, but they had a great skate coach that they basically forced to move to Flyers Elite. A lot of Igloo kids do private lessons and power skates at Pennsauken and not at Igloo! I have been at Igloo for 4 years and just can't believe how much 2011, 2012, 2013 talent has left the past two years. I would look to another rink myself, but all but Voorhees is too far and Voorhees has just as bad of a reputation as Igloo.

As far as 1 parent disrupting an entire team, you obviously have not been around hockey long enough. I believe the term is "1 bad apple ruins the bunch". Look at last years 10UAA team. I was told 1 parent of a 2012 boy caused so many problems, the team atmosphere imploded. Now that team had issues because of not enough 2012 talent (3 players were good and other talent left for Blazers/Mercer), but this parent made a bad situation worse. So don't tell me one parent can't ruin an entire team. I hope I am wrong, but I think I will be proven correct.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 August 20, 2023, 11:01:08 AM
Everyone knows Igloo is a rink for players that just want to have fun and are not looking to play at a higher level. Igloo is an A/B level rink. Players that were there last year who moved on realized this. People at Igloo need to accept the Igloo is a mediocre rink in comparison with other rinks. Not sure why people get upset when parents point out lack of talent? Just accept it, don't cause issues because you think your kid is better than he is and realize you will most likely have a losing record. One parent on this years Peewee A team realized last season his kid was not a AAA or even AA player and accepted it. Be like him Ms. McDavid and Mr. Strauss!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 August 23, 2023, 02:28:00 PM
haven't heard back from the obsessive jags scout/watcher/insider????
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 August 23, 2023, 03:03:17 PM

Mr. Jags Scout here. Nothing left to say after the poster above yours. It was all said in that post. Igloo mediocre rink for kids that just want to have fun. I am fine with that. Just don't pretend you're something you're not. Also parent should realize their kids are average at best and not act like they will be future NHL stars. Scoring goals when you are losing by 8 and then acting like your kid scored the game winning goal in game 7 of Stanley Cup is not a good look. Right Mr. Strauss? Telling everyone your kid is the best 2015 in the area is also not a good look. Right Ms. McDavid?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 August 24, 2023, 09:27:03 AM

Mr. Jags Scout here. Nothing left to say after the poster above yours. It was all said in that post. Igloo mediocre rink for kids that just want to have fun. I am fine with that. Just don't pretend you're something you're not. Also parent should realize their kids are average at best and not act like they will be future NHL stars. Scoring goals when you are losing by 8 and then acting like your kid scored the game winning goal in game 7 of Stanley Cup is not a good look. Right Mr. Strauss? Telling everyone your kid is the best 2015 in the area is also not a good look. Right Ms. McDavid?

What if their kid never scored before or even recently and the parent just go excited when their kid scored? And before, Ms. McDavid disrupted an "entire team" and now its the fact that she's going around telling everyone her kids the best 2015 around....which is it? And we still haven't been filled in on how Ms. McDavid and her child disrupted an "entire team".  And who really cares about someone scored and their parents were excited and if someone thinks their kid is amazing...let it go because IMO, it doesn't seem to effect anyone else.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14507,Guest18632,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 August 24, 2023, 11:10:19 AM
Jags scout claims to know so much about parents and kids, yet spreads such lies.

If you knew anything about 2015 player and mom, then you would never say what you are saying.

Not sure they type of person you are to trash talk a mom and her 8 yr old child, but maybe it’s time you put the phone down and look in the mirror. You obviously have a child at the rink, so spend your time being a good role model for them and support them and their growth and stop worrying about and spreading lies about people you don’t know.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11349,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest19848,

Reply #16:
 August 24, 2023, 12:02:49 PM
Well, I disagree about both parents, but I will let the season play out. I may be proven wrong with Ms. McDavid as that team should be at least .500 and she never causes issues if team has a chance at playoffs. That is unless Connor is not getting enough playing time.

As far as jeans man, Mr. Strauss, I will be proven correct. Team will struggle and Mr. 501 will cause major issues, all centered around his giant ego and his massive overestimation of his sons talent. See you at end of season. Peace!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 August 24, 2023, 01:41:00 PM
Well, I disagree about both parents, but I will let the season play out. I may be proven wrong with Ms. McDavid as that team should be at least .500 and she never causes issues if team has a chance at playoffs. That is unless Connor is not getting enough playing time.

As far as jeans man, Mr. Strauss, I will be proven correct. Team will struggle and Mr. 501 will cause major issues, all centered around his giant ego and his massive overestimation of his sons talent. See you at end of season. Peace!!!

So does your kid play or not for the Jags then? Also, if it gives you that much frustration to where you have to post as a "guest" on a forum using humerous nicknames for parents and ultimately involving their kids as well, why don't you just say something to those parents in person? I mean, if you won't see them during the season because you play out of another rink, then that is just weird that you'd be at jags day or let it bother you that much.  If your child DOES play for that organization, then I'd think since being an adult, you would converse with these people instead of talking shit on a forum.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10697,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 August 25, 2023, 11:31:29 AM
I am at Igloo. Had issues and confronted both parents in the past. Did no good as they think they never do anything wrong and that their kids are angels. Sane  parents realize their kids might be at fault, gather information and then decide. Not so with my cute nicknamed parents. Stubborn to the core, even when presented with overwhelming evidence. This is why this will be my last year at Igloo. Love 99% of the parents, but the other 1% is unbearable. Probably that way at all rinks, but these two are just a whole other level. Time is yours Ms. McDavid and Mr. Strauss! I will not be responding until an issue or end of season, which ever comes first. Will most likely respond after this weekend!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11275,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 August 25, 2023, 12:26:24 PM
 I think I saw 2015 referenced in the above post.  Seriously??? This is alot of smoke for this early in the season. Here's some advice (and I know you didn't ask for it)...you have a long way to go if your kid even sticks with playing hockey.  Everywhere you go, no matter how great or bad the organization is, you are going to find a parent you don't like or causes drama. Everyone thinks their kid is the best, and some people are more obnoxious with letting people know.  Do yourself a favor and tune it out.  Almost every single parent I've seen over the years that you describe will ruin it for themselves and for their child. That's a fact. The only things you should be worrying about are:  1) will the coach develop my child as a player. 2) Is my child better in February than they were in September. If you answer yes to both then you had a great year. If you're judging the season on wins and losses and parent drama, you're doing it wrong.  Also, if a parent is really that disruptive, speak to your organziation about it.  If you think it sounds nuts to go to your organization to let them know about said individual, well...it probably is.  It's all noise, tune it out and enjoy the season.  Before you know it, season is over and you're one year closer to the ride ending.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13315,Guest10255,Guest14037,Guest12342,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18176,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PA State Finals - Thomas Jefferson Jaguars vs Pennridge Rams Mar 26, 2022

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard South Eastern PA High School Hockey Classics

Replies: 0
Views: 3936
Last post March 26, 2022, 05:53:15 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Igloo Jaguars Management Change