Author Topic: DVHL and Philly Revolution?  (Read 6922 times)

Description:

coach03

DVHL and Philly Revolution?
Topic: January 02, 2019, 10:08:55 AM
What is the rule to get into the DVHL. I was told they have to be a member of the AAHA tier 2 for a year before being allowed membership into the DVHL. A lot of decisions next season hinge on DVHL participation. Can anybody shed some light on this please? We keep hearing they're banned from the DVHL and they are petitioning for the DVHL. How can a team be banned that's never played in the league?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 January 02, 2019, 11:26:15 AM
The DVHL seems to make it up along the way.  But, if I remember correctly, they won't let the Revolution in because the formed on the ashes of another club that was a DVHL member and took all their players? 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

coach03

Reply #2:
 January 02, 2019, 11:38:03 AM
I was told there is a rift between league owners and the Revolution but it was supposed to be fixed and that's why they're members in the AAHA. You have to be a member in the AAHA before the DVHL lets a new team in apparently. I don't know anything about any other club and taking members. The club my kids play for is forming together with the Hatfield Ice Dogs. I can't see a reason to drive all the way out to Hatfield for them to play tier 2. If they played AAA I can find a reason but none for tier 2.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 January 02, 2019, 01:34:09 PM
AAHA membership only means the team is recognized as an official Tier ll member. It doesn't give the team the permission to play in any league of their choosing. They would still have to petition for membership to a league. There are a lot of independent teams which never play in any regional league. Instead they play in long distance showcase leagues like EJEPL, USPHL and tournaments.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

coach03

Reply #4:
 January 02, 2019, 03:57:55 PM
I know they have to be an official AAHA member before they can petition for a league. How long do they have to be a member a year? It will be a full season this year so they should be allowed in for 2019 season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 January 20, 2019, 09:45:30 PM
I missed this original conversation but for what it’s worth Revolution Youth did NOT petition to be in the DVHL last year after being granted Tier II status. Why bother,  they have tried to play in that sandbox for years and were turned away. Besides automatic bi to District Playoffs is a great reward for a hard fought battle over the years. Also teams that participate in EJEPL travel just as far as DVHL.... Centre Ice Rink I’m Delaware is just as far as EJ’s furthest opponent. Roll Rev Roll....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 January 22, 2019, 02:51:03 PM
What is the rule to get into the DVHL. I was told they have to be a member of the AAHA tier 2 for a year before being allowed membership into the DVHL. A lot of decisions next season hinge on DVHL participation. Can anybody shed some light on this please? We keep hearing they're banned from the DVHL and they are petitioning for the DVHL. How can a team be banned that's never played in the league?
For a while DVHL teams were prohibited from even playing for them.  Rev is better off without the DVHL.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: