Author Topic: tier !  (Read 19618 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 March 09, 2022, 08:12:08 PM
You know how crazy you all sound?  100x crazier than I ever sounded.  Go full ice AAA mites brick tournament or BUST.  Quebec, dont forget about quebec - buy yourself a jacket, dad!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15007,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 March 09, 2022, 09:24:46 PM
You know how crazy you all sound?  100x crazier than I ever sounded.  Go full ice AAA mites brick tournament or BUST.  Quebec, dont forget about quebec - buy yourself a jacket, dad!

hearing talks of Quad A (AAAA) for Mites in 22/23 season, does any know of any clubs I can speak to, I have 2015 and would like to explore
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10390,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 March 10, 2022, 06:56:11 AM
hearing talks of Quad A (AAAA) for Mites in 22/23 season, does any know of any clubs I can speak to, I have 2015 and would like to explore
LMK what you find, I have a '19 and I'm starting to scout programs now, he's large for his age and has excellent balance so I think he'll slide right into a top tier program.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17907,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 March 10, 2022, 11:23:51 AM
LMK what you find, I have a '19 and I'm starting to scout programs now, he's large for his age and has excellent balance so I think he'll slide right into a top tier program.
its real high hush they are a new program called the rattlers AAAA on ice 4 days a week 6 games a weekend super exciting pre skates are this week
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19888,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 March 10, 2022, 05:37:27 PM
Very funny! AAAA is so original!

My kids play hockey because they want to. We do not force them to do anything. My kid took ice skating lessons with friends. Her friends wanted to be figure skaters and when she saw the hockey kids fell in love. Her sister followed her. They both kept asking to go skate and got real good at hockey. This year they played A level as they were in lower year for age group. Next year one will play AA and the other wants AAA. We told them AA or lower only until they get to 14 or 15. This is what all parents should do. It would make travel easier and also make the AA and A teams stronger. It is also cheaper. AAA pure money grab! Some parents just want that jacket!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19069,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 March 14, 2022, 07:53:47 AM
All you letter chasers, I got an extra A I can sell you for $50.00. It's a steal compared to what you are really paying for that extra A. Use clinics to improve your player at a young age. AAA should not thought of until second year 14U. I have seen many good young players burn out by Midget because of AAA. My son who was a B goalie from squirt to bantam and a high A 1st yr Midget just beat out a burned out AAA goalie for the AA spot on a spring tournament team. Don't push your kids too hard, I learned that the hard way. My son was a much better baseball player than he is at hockey, but he got burned out and stopped playing at age 13.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19514,Guest13341,Guest10182,Guest16450,Guest13881,Guest18780,Guest17062,Guest16668,
Guest11324,Guest19858,Guest17355,Guest18971,Guest13894,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15054,Guest16051,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 March 14, 2022, 10:31:50 AM
I’m sorry but a lot of you are incorrect. Neither I or other parents on my sons AAA PW team are “chasing an A” or pushing our kids to do things they don’t want to do. In many instances, not all I admit, it’s simply a matter of better competition and the chance to travel and do what they already love doing. Last season my sons team played two of the top local AA teams, against kids a year older, and beat both handily. Not that those teams didn’t have talented kids but as a team they just weren’t as good as a team of younger AAA kids. I’m a huge fan of AA and A hockey and this is my sons first year in AAA. It’s been eye opening for him to go from a single A team to a AAA in terms of how much better SOME of his teammates and the competitors are from his previous years. We play AAA because he wants to, the competition, and admittedly, the travel (We’ve gotten to see and tour a couple cities we’ve never been to because of his travel schedule). Yes, AAA hockey can be a grind and there are many times I’ve questioned his development but I’d never categorize us as “letter chasers” or say that we’re wasting our money and time so long as he continues to love playing this sport. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 March 14, 2022, 01:45:27 PM
I’m sorry but a lot of you are incorrect. Neither I or other parents on my sons AAA PW team are “chasing an A” or pushing our kids to do things they don’t want to do. In many instances, not all I admit, it’s simply a matter of better competition and the chance to travel and do what they already love doing. Last season my sons team played two of the top local AA teams, against kids a year older, and beat both handily. Not that those teams didn’t have talented kids but as a team they just weren’t as good as a team of younger AAA kids. I’m a huge fan of AA and A hockey and this is my sons first year in AAA. It’s been eye opening for him to go from a single A team to a AAA in terms of how much better SOME of his teammates and the competitors are from his previous years. We play AAA because he wants to, the competition, and admittedly, the travel (We’ve gotten to see and tour a couple cities we’ve never been to because of his travel schedule). Yes, AAA hockey can be a grind and there are many times I’ve questioned his development but I’d never categorize us as “letter chasers” or say that we’re wasting our money and time so long as he continues to love playing this sport. 

I guess your sons AAA team was on of the tops in the area then! The top AA teams at all levels can compete and beat all but maybe the top 2-3 AAA teams. It is just a fact. AAA is fine once you reach bantam but no need for it below. Too much travel, too many days at the rink and burn out happens too frequently. If everyone stayed local (within 50 miles) there is enough talent to make all the kids better. Do 2-3 showcases against other teams further away and the kids win! Right now parents chase the jacket so they can say their kid is AAA. No one cares except the parents and the kid who thinks he is great because they play AAA. I could put together a team of Squirt A & AA kids from 2 rinks that would win AAA each year. A lot of the better players are not playing AAA due to cost and travel. The question in all this is do you want your kid to be better now or in the future. Too many AAA kids peak and the AA & A pass them by bantam. Focus on clinics and practices and your kids will thrive. Ask any player in college or higher if AAA before bantam mattered and they will say NO!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19877,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16487,Guest18497,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 March 14, 2022, 06:31:18 PM
Would tend to generally agree with the post above except for part about making a team of AA and A squirts and winning AYHL, USPHL or beating top AAA squirt teams. I sat through a LOT of AAA squirt hockey this year and there’s no way some AA and A kids are beating Jr Flyers or LI Royals at 2012 or LVP and NJ Colonials at 2011 and winning AYHL or PHC 2012s, 2011s or Woodbridge 11s, 12s. They might not finish in last place because there are some pretty bad AAA squirt teams around because there are just too many AAA teams diluting talent pool but they’re not winning the banner. And isn’t part of the reason that some kids play AAA is because of the extra practice that AA and A kids don’t get?? But bottom line is I agree that too many parents and kids just want to play AAA for the prestige and not the development.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 March 14, 2022, 07:53:37 PM
I know about 15 2011 & 2102 players that made AAA teams and went AA and some A due to cost. This is from 3 SJ rinks other than Fell. Put them on one team and they beat all but 2011 PHC. I watched alot of AAA and these kids are better than 80% of AAA players. 5 made 2012 and 2011 PHC and walked.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8488
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6955
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35499
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9142
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!