Author Topic: Childish move by the DVHL  (Read 8631 times)

Description:

Childish move by the DVHL
Topic: March 11, 2022, 01:25:09 PM
Curious to see how some friend's kids did this season so I checked the DVHL website. Seems they have removed all future AHF teams from the website. This includes the season standings. Seems like a spiteful move by a dying league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19171,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 11, 2022, 01:31:11 PM
With the amount of teams they have left it looks like the shelves in the last week of a store going out of business. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11922,Guest12315,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 11, 2022, 01:38:42 PM
There were/are many things I don’t like about the DVHL but all of this on them.  The were complacent being the only show in town.  A new league was created (regardless of intent) and appears to be a better option.  Yes, obviously the black bear owned rinks have no choice but non-black bear teams joined too.

If nothing else, Black Bear seems to be putting some effort into their product.  I could never say the same about the DVHL.  For what it’s worth, my child plays in a non-Black Bear rink.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17646,Guest17802,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 11, 2022, 02:11:06 PM
We are adding in EJ teams this season and the DV site closes out standings at the end of every season that's nothing new. Why would our league want to keep teams listed if they aren't playing in their league? That's like saying you mad because there are no NJ teams listed on the DV site. I don't see how it can be spiteful it's their standard practice since for ever. What about BB is putting effort into their product? Buying airtime on Sirius radio and running commercials for youth hockey? You are right DV won't do that because DV isn't a corporation.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15874,Guest11918,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16745,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 11, 2022, 02:23:37 PM
BB will actually have a schedule set before the season starts and not wait until October. Also all BB showcase events will be announced in June or Jully so families can plan for the season. BB figured out that non-league scheduling was a pain. Scheduling 40+ league games takes away non-league needs. BB is a bigger organization that can afford full time employees to run their leagues. DV and NJ can't compete. Every rink will eventually join BB leagues due to competition and easier scheduling.  Just look who BB is working with. All other leagues including AYHL will be gone in 2 years. It is better for kids, families and the rinks.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11399,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19234,Guest19853,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 11, 2022, 04:42:08 PM
Yes, it’s the commercials.  Good luck with the league that never evolved and never even attempted to modernize its approach until the AHF showed up.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 11, 2022, 05:30:46 PM
I do believe it's out of spite based on the fact that since my kid has played DVHL they keep the previous season up until the next season is ready to go. We used it last year to look at player stats during evals.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 11, 2022, 06:06:14 PM
We used it last year to look at player stats during evals.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest11189,Guest13617,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 11, 2022, 06:23:59 PM
I do believe it's out of spite based on the fact that since my kid has played DVHL they keep the previous season up until the next season is ready to go. We used it last year to look at player stats during evals.

Looking forward to the DVHL schill’s response to this.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 March 11, 2022, 07:47:10 PM
We are adding in EJ teams this season and the DV site closes out standings at the end of every season that's nothing new. Why would our league want to keep teams listed if they aren't playing in their league? That's like saying you mad because there are no NJ teams listed on the DV site. I don't see how it can be spiteful it's their standard practice since for ever. What about BB is putting effort into their product? Buying airtime on Sirius radio and running commercials for youth hockey? You are right DV won't do that because DV isn't a corporation.

Lies. Past seasons still have those teams and others.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: