Author Topic: Childish move by the DVHL  (Read 8712 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 March 11, 2022, 11:22:23 PM
The Queen of the DVHL and her disciples have always ruled with an iron fist like Putin.  Eventually when there is a chance, the natives rebelled.  BB couldn't have started AHF without Team Philly, Wiss, Haverford, LHV, Lancaster, Palmyra, etc. etc.  DVHL dug their own grave
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17305,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19137,Guest16916,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 14, 2022, 08:06:33 AM
The DVHL is scared and it is showing. Just look how decided to stream playoffs with commentary, just like AHF. I'm hoping that the DVHL will now change things to compete with the AHF and not be stagnant. The club my son plays on is one of the ones going AHF and everything I've heard has been positive. We will give a season and will reevaluate for the following year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14012,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 March 14, 2022, 08:38:50 AM
DVHL was complacent for many years and that’s 100% their fault.  However, for profit tier II youth hockey is not good for the growth of the game.  Kids lose in the end.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17348,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 14, 2022, 09:51:47 AM
The DVHL is scared and it is showing. Just look how decided to stream playoffs with commentary, just like AHF.

AHF will not be streaming games with commentary. That would mean they have to pay somebody. Their rink staffing alone is bare minimum and adding to overhead with paid commentators for every game takes money out of their pocket alot of money.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 14, 2022, 10:05:42 AM
The DVHL is scared and it is showing. Just look how decided to stream playoffs with commentary, just like AHF.

AHF will not be streaming games with commentary. That would mean they have to pay somebody. Their rink staffing alone is bare minimum and adding to overhead with paid commentators for every game takes money out of their pocket alot of money.

Thanks for the info. I need to leave AHF due to no commentary! If that is your argument for staying DV you need to wake up. BB rinks are staffed fine. As a parent eveything runs thru coach, not rink.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 14, 2022, 10:56:37 AM

AHF will not be

The comment said playoffs not every game. DVHL commenter stretching what was said. While I don't know if AHF had it for showcases or playoffs I don't know or care, but don't put more into that comment than what was there. From what I heard they did, but again I don't know I didn't watch my kids are in DV. Petty responses like yours may change our mind, Steel Ice and Oaks aren't that much farther than I already drive.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 March 14, 2022, 12:03:01 PM
Why is all the season stats info no longer available. Don't give me this is usual BS because it's not. Every year since my son has done spring tournament teams I have been able to go on and look up his teammates stats to give him an idea of what he is going to be on. He isn't in the DVHL and he knows very few kids on his team. His club is going AHF and I'm thinking of checking out the Hatfield being the closest non AHF club, but if this how the DVHL wants to be maybe it's not the right move. I understand the DVHL maybe hurt by teams leaving but why be this way to the one staying?

I also noticed that the DVHL will have showcases. Is this to copy and compete with the AHF?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 March 14, 2022, 12:15:51 PM
Why is all the season stats info no longer available. Don't give me this is usual BS because it's not. Every year since my son has done spring tournament teams I have been able to go on and look up his teammates stats to give him an idea of what he is going to be on. He isn't in the DVHL and he knows very few kids on his team. His club is going AHF and I'm thinking of checking out the Hatfield being the closest non AHF club, but if this how the DVHL wants to be maybe it's not the right move. I understand the DVHL maybe hurt by teams leaving but why be this way to the one staying?

I also noticed that the DVHL will have showcases. Is this to copy and compete with the AHF?

I guess you could say it is childish, but it was going to happen eventually. The league needs to move on and prepare for next season. How many people look at the league site after the season is over? They are under no obligation to leave it there for you to find names of kids on other rosters.
As far as showcases go, they are merging with the EJ which already has them so it isn't copying. If anything, the AHF is copying what the EJ was doing.
The whole showcase thing is stupid. I get why EJ did it because their teams were scattered up and down the coast. This made it a way for teams to easily play each other over the course of a weekend. WHy does the AHF do it when you will already be playing these teams during the league schedule?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 March 14, 2022, 01:21:36 PM
So being that I'm not familiar with the DVHL or its teams can you answer me this. Which Hatfield team is better the Ice Hawks, Genesis or should I look for another in house C team that does 10-15 non league games and 2 tournaments like he was on and continue to just do scholastic. He'd like to get into travel but I don't know what would be best for my peewee, his coach said he is easily a 2nd line B player maybe 4th line on low A. The rink he is with is going AHF and are unsure if they will have a house team again. Most his teammates are going into travel with AHF. I know PA teams are cheaper than NJ teams but I'm just sure.
  Thanks
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 March 14, 2022, 01:32:49 PM
Showcases are to bring in money to the rinks, snack bars and pro shops. It also brings some of the far away teams closer so travel is cut down. EJ & DV will have issue after this year. In the end everyone will combine into one big regional league. It is what should be done now. They can do what soccer does, have huge leagues with different flights. This would limit blowouts and allow teams to move up or down in flight when they have stronger levels. Everyone has to fight over these leagues to show who is best. It is stupid and only hurts the kids!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19353,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: