Author Topic: DVHL  (Read 12226 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 April 05, 2022, 01:38:15 PM
What is ahf charging organizations for membership fees versus the dvhl and njyhl? The ej is mainly to level off aa competition. It doesn't have anything else to do with anything else. It makes sense they are publishing logos together they made the announcement months ago that they signed an agreement to work together. Some of the stuff ahf is coming up with to downplay tier2 hockey is humorous. It's middle of the pack travel hockey and they keep trying to sell it like it's a premier or elite league where the kids will graduate to professional hockey players. Now thats stupid.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16517,Guest13579,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 April 05, 2022, 01:53:53 PM
Can't speak for other non BB clubs but ours went up about $150 from last yr in the DV. We were told last Sept that it would be going up, that was months before deciding to switch to the AHF. 1st time they raised it in 3 yrs. What's stupid is anyone thinking their kid will graduate to be a professional, how many in NJ, DV, EJ or AHF are in the top .001% because that what it take to have chance of going pro. I personally have no loyalty to a league, it is to my son and his is to his organization.   I think playing in the AHF will be pretty much the same, look at the team that were DV playing AHF next year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 April 05, 2022, 02:42:13 PM
Can't speak for other non BB clubs but ours went up about $150 from last yr in the DV. We were told last Sept that it would be going up, that was months before deciding to switch to the AHF.

I said it wrong. My question is how much do the former dv and nj non owned by bb organizations have to pay to become members of the ahf. They dropped their memberships to play in ahf. I am asking more how much of a difference the league membership fee is if they aren't owned by bb like firebirds and wiss.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 April 05, 2022, 09:14:27 PM
I call bs...... showcases traditionally are sold as scouted events which they not. Nobody is coming to watch tier2 kids play hockey not even the local colleges much less against teams in their same league. Most if not all individual clubs enjoy the flexibility and chance to play outside their league against teams wherever they want to whenever they want not by being told they have to play in a showcase against the same teams all in the same rink owned circuit on their companies predefined showcase ice availability schedules.

As far as tourneys are concerned....... DEFENDER HOCKEY TOURNAMENTS!!!!! You're telling me BB isn't going to push their own teams to play in their own tournament system? Hey PA teams go play in our tournament in CT or MD. Because thats what Defender is.

no scout is going to Bear "showcases", why not just give the option to go play non league games in NY/LI/PA/CT against different teams, with 40+ league games, how many weekends are open to go to tournament?  that is the whole essence of travel hockey, having funs, bonding with kids & parents

too many people drinking the Bear Kool Aid

NJYHL and DVHL were not perfect, but they certainly were not a money grab
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13854,Guest18863,Guest12302,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 April 05, 2022, 09:42:34 PM
Fees are virtually nothing.  Showcase fees, and cost for parity events.  Very low cost.  I think the changes are meaningless at A and B.  AA looks to have a lot of player movement to AHF.  DVHL is a shell at AA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15502,Guest17215,Guest17566,
Members reacted angry1:
Guest13975,
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 April 06, 2022, 06:26:47 AM
"no scout is going to Bear "showcases"" I will surely miss the scouts I saw over the years in the DVHL and at tournaments. Yup going from 3-4 tournaments a year down to 2-3 is huge change how will we coupe with it. Why does everyone keep saying with the AHF tournaments are out? I will trust our club officers are doing what is best for our club, we are not Black Bear and chose to venture into the AHF.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 April 06, 2022, 09:20:41 AM
I'm not a fan of black bear
just glad my kids are almost done with this nonsense.
my advice to young NJ/PA area kids starting with Ice Hockey?
dont take it too seriously here, or move.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 April 06, 2022, 09:51:02 AM
Under BB and AHF, you can join other tournaments not associated with them AND play non-league games if the schedule allows it.

Still not a fan of BB, though.  ::)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17659,Guest19022,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 April 06, 2022, 12:33:05 PM
Can't speak for other non BB clubs but ours went up about $150 from last yr in the DV. We were told last Sept that it would be going up, that was months before deciding to switch to the AHF.

I said it wrong. My question is how much do the former dv and nj non owned by bb organizations have to pay to become members of the ahf. They dropped their memberships to play in ahf. I am asking more how much of a difference the league membership fee is if they aren't owned by bb like firebirds and wiss.

DVHL league fees were something like $1300-1400 per club. I have no idea if they charged a fee to join. The league really doesn't pay for anything which is why the fees are so low. Home teams pay for ice slots and ref fees. Outside of general operating costs, I guess the biggest thing the league would pay for are the ice slots for playoffs.
No idea if the AHF charged to join and I don't see anything on their site about league fees. I know years ago the EJ was charging like $5000 per club to join. Not sure if they changed their structure since then.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 April 06, 2022, 12:35:46 PM
Under BB and AHF, you can join other tournaments not associated with them AND play non-league games if the schedule allows it.

Still not a fan of BB, though.  ::)

Of course they can't stop you from doing anything, but if you are playing 40 league games and have to do a certain number of their tournaments, it doesn't leave many free weekends to do anything else.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15157
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications