Author Topic: What organizations sandbagged the AHF parity tournament?  (Read 10538 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 12, 2022, 11:14:34 AM
Based on what I'm reading above the AHF is already a S#!tshow with sandbagging and orgs who apparently have enough talent to field nothing but AA teams at certain ages, can't wait to see how this all plays out.  Oh well, at least it gives kids an option from DV or NJ.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 12, 2022, 11:27:04 AM
What I dont get is the pure teams who have 5 kids playing "down". 13 pure with 5 08 kids on roster is not pure
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 12, 2022, 11:51:49 AM
"So at 16u TP has three AA teams, a gold and a silver, are you suggesting gold move to AA for a total of 4 and silver to gold?"
If they are good enough then yes. More so if they will dominate like the one commenter suggested. Heaven forbid you play against the same quality team as you are. I know blowouts can happen but it shouldn't be the norm.

No, not necessarily. If they have the horses for three AA teams, then God bless them.  But how many clubs can field three AA teams?

But that third team should have a choice in the matter. Honestly, that is what the Parity Tournament is there for....to decide what level the tweener teams should play at. Correct?

Which goes back to "why on earth would a team sandbag games that are designed to help them decide where to play?"
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 12, 2022, 12:36:14 PM
Your second sentence answered the third sentence
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 May 12, 2022, 12:36:58 PM
Your second sentence answered the third sentence
Question not sentence
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 12, 2022, 01:25:04 PM
I don't think teams sandbagged, at least not at Squirt & Pee Wee level. I think with 2011 moving to Pee Wee it weakened Squirts. You now have a lot of 2013 playing AA because a lot of full ice mite kids did not want AA and since 2012 not as strong as 2011, spots were open. Teams are completely different this year compared to last.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 12, 2022, 01:31:10 PM
LOL I am arguing with myself....:D
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 12, 2022, 01:55:27 PM
LOL I am arguing with myself....:D
and losing the argument which you're clearly sandbagging.  I think you deserve the gold for the silver division!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 13, 2022, 08:50:05 AM
If you actually think you can tell a bunch of 16 yr olds to go lose on purpose, you obviously don't have a 16 yr old hockey player. Instead of accusing KIDS of sandbagging, maybe, just maybe, think that they're a little rusty, have little practice with their new team, and are preoccupied with SATs, proms, and finals. They are 16. FFS get a life.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 13, 2022, 09:06:00 AM
Agree, and for an org like TP,  there is absolutely no reason to sandbag, they have 3 teams in the Nationals bound group, the gold team IS last year's silver, and this year's silver is what it is.  Competitive teens don't want to lose, there is NO benefit for them.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: