Author Topic: What happens to Genesis when there are no more teams left to play?  (Read 9934 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 December 20, 2022, 10:19:14 AM
In our 1st year of the AHF and am wondering if going independent or back to DVHL would be a terrible thing. AHF is as unorganized as the rest. Stupid schedules were you are at 2 different rinks over a hour apart and only 3-4hrs between games. Went to an AHF showcase and no refs are scheduled for the game and go to the All Star game and have no coaches for the team. The parity was a joke and did nothing to make levels fair, and the Krach ranking system is a joke. Played a team higher in the rankings and won for us to drop the next week while they went up in ranking. Not 100% as advertised and overall disappointed, if I were Genesis or any other team in a different league I'd think hard about joining.

I can't speak to KRACH as that does seem like a mystery.... have the same confusion/questions when we were in the EJ as well.  It would be nice to see some math behind it as I assume there has to be some logic to it.

All Star game and Showcases have been well run from our team's perspective.  I appreciate that our second and third showcases seemed to match us against similar level of teams in our division so it was good competitive hockey and helped (or hurt) our playoff standings based on game outcomes.

Regarding scheduling of your games.... the AHF schedules the Showcases, your team scheduler schedules your other games so if you have a beef with your travel or length between games, you need to take it up with him or her.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 December 20, 2022, 01:55:55 PM
I'll be honest, I have 2 kids on AHF teams and the league is far better than the DVHL and EJ. As more teams join I would expect travel distance to reduce a bit. Krach is confusing but my kids have only ever played in the playoffs a few times. Overall I think AHF has done a nice job. Yeah, there is room to improve.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13340,Guest19488,Guest15380,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 December 21, 2022, 06:37:43 AM
Everyone jumping on the poster about his thoughts on the AHF, you and I weren't there when he was told whatever he was told. Maybe based on what their club told them it would be disappointing to them. I know not everything I was told by our club and the AHF in our zoom meeting is playing out exactly how it was said. The AHF is newer and has its kinks to workout as is expected, the other leagues were around a lot longer and still had its issues. I am personally enjoying the amount of games, but a good manager would have made that happen in the DVHL as well. The one year in the DV between regular season, non league and tournaments we played  60+ games at B American and the yr before it was over 50. I will agree about the All Star, our team was one of the ones that had no coach, a parent/coach in the stands filled in.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14173,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 December 21, 2022, 08:51:20 AM
minutes from the November DVHL meeting, which is on their website, says that three or four non-black bear owned clubs have expressed wishes to return.  did clubs have to commit to any number of years when they initially joined?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 December 21, 2022, 09:05:40 AM
Wouldn't that be something having teams bail from bb instead of joining? The only question would be is where the supposed teams would play out of unless they are teams that aren't bb owned and still have independently owned and operated rinks. There are plenty of them and there is the Campus now too.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 December 21, 2022, 12:42:25 PM
There is no rift and you will most likely see Genesis in the AHF next year.
I thought there was a rift between Genesis, Delco and Team Philadelphia whos owner is an officer or something for the AHF. Something about Genesis and Delco putting Team Philly on a probation period after Ice Line did the Quakers dirty. If that is true that could carry over to them joining the AHF but I could be mistaken though.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18409,Guest19184,Guest14101,Guest19466,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest18721,
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest10526,Guest12342,Guest10258,Guest15846,

Reply #16:
 December 21, 2022, 04:02:04 PM
apparently all existing DVHL teams have signed contracts for 2023-24 season.  These rumors seem to be sourced by Genesis to save their tryouts.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 December 30, 2022, 09:26:59 PM
Iceworks will just do away with tier 2, have multiple teams in AAA at each level and bank the increased fees.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11775,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 December 31, 2022, 02:04:28 PM
Iceworks will just do away with tier 2, have multiple teams in AAA at each level and bank the increased fees.
Iceworks would lose way too many players if they did away with tier 2 program. Hopefully parents won't put out the money for their kid to play tier 1 if they are a B or A player. They may go independent rather than fold their tier 2 program, but neither is likely.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Why do teams play down in Tourneys?

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 15
Views: 6946
Last post August 05, 2019, 07:52:21 AM
by tree408
How Many Tournaments Do Your Teams Play Per Season?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 21
Views: 10556
Last post April 07, 2021, 04:04:03 PM
by Guest
Newly formed APAC begins play in 3 days

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 3704
Last post October 30, 2018, 11:57:08 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Genesis Hockey Club