Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

2023 DVHL Commitments

(1/3) > >>

Guest:
In the last DVHL minutes they indicated they were looking for their current clubs to let them know if they were returning next season by the end of the year.  Does anyone know which teams may have committed?

Guest:
Haven’t heard anything yet about DVHL, but AHF is quick to post on social media when they poach other teams, especially from the NJYHL. Can’t imagine the DVHL or  NJYHL existing much longer unless something changes. AHF isn’t perfect but they have the volume of teams to make for competitive games.

Guest:
Rumor around our club, from a travel/scholastic parents, is that Genesis is on the verge of jumping over. I'm not with Genesis so I don't know if the chatter is there, but that is the word going around inside our rink walls. If it would happen it would be a huge gut punch to the DVHL and the remaining clubs. I also heard that black bear will be pulling all their clubs from any other league that's not the AHF, plus that a couple non BB clubs that did a partial AHF season this year going full AHF next year. If these things happen I don't see how a NJ/DV merger doesn't happen.

Guest:
DVHL January meeting is tonight.  Will be interesting to see how next year shapes up. 

DVHL prior to the AHF team splitting off wasn't perfect, but the travel wasn't so bad.  Most games were less than an hour and once in a while we had to make a longer trip (York, Wilkes-Barre, Harrington).  Really not to0 keen on having to travel long distances for leave games.

Really hope that the DVHL can continue to play without having to merge with NJYHL. 

My son's team is also playing EJ this year, and hate having to travel to NJ for games and showcases.  Also really don't need to have a 50-60 game schedule.

Guest:
If the EJ and DVHL are playing in Jersey alot,  you may as well just join the AHF.  The showcases are all in South Jersey and North Jersey. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version