Author Topic: Tampering  (Read 5213 times)

Description:

Tampering
Topic: June 05, 2020, 05:06:41 PM
Due to the atlantic districts decision to not have tryouts and a free for all with signings, which benefited those that tampered through the year, is the prohibition against tampering no longer.

How can the atlantic district in good conscience say tampering is not allowed when they told people that kids already know where they are going so pre-skates and tryouts don't matter? Eye opening for me.

I will be talking all year to position my kid in case there is another unforeseen circumstance!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 June 06, 2020, 11:09:33 AM
That’s crappy that you feel like that. But as a coach a kids play speaks to me not the parent. I don’t care if you talk to me all year. At tier 1 I want the best not over barring parents that think their child is the next Crosby
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 June 08, 2020, 11:16:46 AM
hmm early bird gets the worm daniel-son
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 June 08, 2020, 11:45:24 AM
Agreed. The issue is the early bird was not allowed by Atlantic district rules but got rewarded for breaking them.

How does a coach new to an age group pick? People that have expressed an interest before allowed by rules so he could look at them. An existing coach may be looking at all in a birth year, a new coach not so much especially when time is limited and still coaching another team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 June 08, 2020, 08:12:04 PM
Since when have the DVHL or the AAHA given a damn about tampering? Sure there are rules written down about it but nothing happens to anyone when they get caught so what difference does it make? The clubs with clout can do whatever they want and the smaller clubs have to deal with it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 June 09, 2020, 11:40:44 AM
Since when have the DVHL or the AAHA given a damn about tampering? Sure there are rules written down about it but nothing happens to anyone when they get caught so what difference does it make? The clubs with clout can do whatever they want and the smaller clubs have to deal with it.

How does anyone even get caught and/or how can it even be proved?

Based on I think the rules work, if a coach actually followed them, do they even have time before try outs to reach out to kids? The season ends after Nationals finish. That is usually a Sunday, correct? The try outs can't begin till like 4pm the following Tuesday? How would a coach have time to do anything?

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 June 10, 2020, 11:24:45 AM
AA coaches are recruiting players from other teams all season long. Parents watch the other teams and how they progress
throughout the season and plan to move their kids well before the
seasons end.
Helicopter parents know who is where and when and turn the coaches
into the dvhl I saw it first hand 3 years ago because
my kid got caught!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 October 24, 2020, 10:11:25 PM

How does anyone even get caught and/or how can it even be proved?

Based on I think the rules work, if a coach actually followed them, do they even have time before try outs to reach out to kids? The season ends after Nationals finish. That is usually a Sunday, correct? The try outs can't begin till like 4pm the following Tuesday? How would a coach have time to do anything?
You think the coach waits for the monday to talk to kids? you must be new here, this stuff usually starts happening around the middle of the season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: