Author Topic: Were Your Tryouts Blacked Out On Live Barn?  (Read 4757 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 April 27, 2022, 04:50:42 PM
If 75% are predetermined why waste everyone's time. Put the one's you want on the team you fell and the rest on a lower team. Wait 2 weeks and then allow the higher teams coach to go to the practice and take the 4 top players he wants to round out the team. It happens even with the eval so why have it. Now you have a once hopeful team and crushed their moral before the season even started.

MONEY!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 27, 2022, 06:16:11 PM
Tryouts are fully sanctioned money grab events split up among board members of the clubs. None of it will go back into the associations
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16630,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 28, 2022, 06:36:53 AM
1. if your club is having evals and placing players just for a coach on a higher level to come and poach your team that is messed up. Nothing changes in the player between eval and the practice a couple weeks later, if they weren't good enough they still aren't.  2. If your kid is one of the poached kids that means he was on the bubble and he would be a 1st line player. Why move up and become a 3rd or 4th line player, they will get less ice time and ice time is what they will need to make the higher team the next season.  3. Players parents that are getting poached should have a backbone and refuse the move, their child is on that team for a reason.  4. This can absolutely kill the moral of entire team before the season begins. 
If you club isn't taking the tryout fee off of the tuition fee then maybe look elsewhere, ours does just that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 28, 2022, 07:13:54 AM
If tryout were payouts to the board members than I missed my check.  It pays for the ice slots.  I swear some people just stir up bs just to watch the anger and confusion of other parents.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12830,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 28, 2022, 07:39:35 AM
If tryout were payouts to the board members than I missed my check.  It pays for the ice slots.  I swear some people just stir up bs just to watch the anger and confusion of other parents.
we paid $200 to tryout multiply that by 73 kids = $14,600 minus $50 for jersey and practice socks so $150 x 73 = $10,950 divide that by 3hrs = $3650 per hour, seems to be over paying for the ice slot
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 28, 2022, 08:52:55 AM
we paid $200 to tryout multiply that by 73 kids = $14,600 minus $50 for jersey and practice socks so $150 x 73 = $10,950 divide that by 3hrs = $3650 per hour, seems to be over paying for the ice slot

Multiply that by 8u x 10u x 12u, x 14u x 16u x 18u an ice slot is $400 an hour. The coaches already know who is coming back from their teams for the next season on the first day of tryouts. They already know who is filling the available open slots which is normally 3-5 openings from the preskate money grab they had 2-3 weeks earlier. If they don't like any of those kids from the preskate and their own tryouts they wait for the rest of the league to cut their players and take them. They do this by extending tryouts x 2 to make sure they see the cuts from other teams first and that is the normal process.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Aston live barn feed down?

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 3
Views: 2874
Last post October 03, 2020, 10:03:41 PM
by Guest
Black Bear and Live Barn

Replies: 7
Views: 7957
Last post November 11, 2020, 01:53:30 AM
by Guest
2018 North Penn Ice Hockey High School Tryouts

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Knights Archives

Replies: 0
Views: 3765
Last post August 14, 2018, 08:16:41 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Replies: 5
Views: 7571
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
TRYOUTS! It's that time of year again....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 5749
Last post March 12, 2019, 03:48:38 PM
by Guest