Author Topic: lv phantoms going back to tier 1?  (Read 23749 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 March 03, 2020, 07:00:12 PM
Have you seen their 2011s play?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 04, 2020, 09:46:34 AM
IMO, Tier 1 should be about a program and philosophy and not just about one team.  As far as I have ever seen with LVP, that doesn't exist nor has it.  Maybe things are different now but I doubt it. 

Players come and go.  Players at that age also develop much differently.  Have seen some outstanding Squirt and PW players never develop into higher level players at the Bantam or Midget level.  And, most likely, there will be an impact on the other lesser skilled players at that level by trying to field a team UP to fill the AA void. 

Best of luck but take a serious look at mistakes made in past with LVP and other programs. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 March 04, 2020, 09:58:43 AM
Not saying anything you said is incorrect but honestly what if that particular group has shown they belong playing at that level and that’s why they were approved for next season? Have you seen their 11s play? Ask the other orgs who are fielding teams at Squirt Minor if you think they belong. I think you would get a much different answer than in years past.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 04, 2020, 10:07:16 AM
You also have to look at that in most cases you could argue all the “Tier 1” orgs shouldn’t be able to field teams at the levels they do but they get a pass because they have one team Tier 1 14U and above. Almost every top program in the district has like one or two strong teams at certain birth years and the rest are just dragging along. The district is really trying to allow teams that belong playing at the higher levels the ability to do so. I think it’s unlikely they let LVP field a 2011 team if they didn’t prove and/or the AY thought they wouldn’t be competitive.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 04, 2020, 10:36:29 AM
2011's??  I am pretty sure there would be enough competition in the DVHL for the mite superstars.  Full ice and new rules will be an adjustment.  It is all just another money grab. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 04, 2020, 10:51:57 AM
Again if you have seen them play I think you would be surprised.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 March 04, 2020, 11:33:09 AM
Don't care how good they are.  AA division will put them against mostly second year players with a year experience playing full ice. I am still doing the tier 1 thing with a midget.  No need to do it for a 9 year old.   If they are that good, let them have fun and win a AA championship in the dvhl.  At 10 it is about building skill (which is done at practice) and having fun. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19974,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 March 04, 2020, 12:12:03 PM
Not sure if you realize but most of the better U8 programs play full ice under AAU. Those kids have been playing full ice for two years+, are competing, and are very successful against all the other organizations who will be in the AY. I agree with you letter status means nothing at this age because it is truly about development but if they have shown they can compete and beat those teams why don’t they deserved to be challenged? A lot of those 8U AAU teams play 10U teams and typically the 8U team wins and sometimes handily. Why would the AY not make sure they are up to snuff to avoid embarrassment again?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 March 05, 2020, 12:57:33 AM
Please list the tournament that this super 11's have won this season. The only team that really mad a statement as a first year Squirt team was VFMM 10's and that team has been together for some time and they have been playing at top end tournament. And ranked #3 in the nation.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 March 05, 2020, 01:00:06 AM
I'm curious have they play full ice yet? If so vs who?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Steel Ice Center: Lehigh Valley Phantoms Development Camp

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Replies: 0
Views: 6154
Last post May 11, 2018, 08:49:44 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Views: 8455
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Humboldt Broncos Brayden Camrud back on the ice

Views: 4929
Last post June 07, 2018, 07:45:54 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6905
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Replies: 19
Views: 35243
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest