Author Topic: lv phantoms going back to tier 1?  (Read 23753 times)

Description:

Reply #31:
 March 27, 2020, 09:13:01 AM
I can tell you the list is old. Teams declared at the AY meeting and they were approved and declared for Squirt Minor.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 March 27, 2020, 09:21:28 AM
If what you say is true they need to change their bylaws because you have to field multiple team's for the AY not just Squirts. And the AAHA is the governing body of all Tier 1 and 2 and independent and women hockey in are area code with that said someone got a brown paper bag and this type of behavior should be reported to USA hockey  :o
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 March 27, 2020, 09:57:58 AM
This is where you people are clueless. You dont know the circumstances yet you make comments. Its like me commenting about the personal finances of your household. I know nothing about them because I am not involved therefore its difficult for me to comment.

If you must know before the district transitioned to approving teams and organizations for Tier One designation you only needed to buy your way into the AYHL. The Phantoms Youth did. Because of their lack of success they were asked to only field teams they thought were capable of being competitive at that level moving forward. This season was their last season to field a team or teams or they would be voted out of AYHL membership. They have been paying the season fee for two teams since they got approved even though they didnt field a team. Their intention this season was to field a Pee Wee American 09 team and a Squirt Minor 2011 team. (The 09s won the DVHL Squirt AA this season. They decided against fielding a team for that level due to some changes in coaching and 09 and their best 10 player going to play elsewhere.)Their 2011 team has been nothing but successful every season playing against comparable AY organizations same birth year and 2010 teams. Tier One only applies to 14U and above. Orgs that have a team approved at that level or higher can call their U12 and U10 teams AAA however it isnt relevant because their are no nationals at that level. What was approved and declared are two different things. Their 2011 team belongs playing in the AY and is approved.

If you dont have the whole story its best to sit back and watch. If I dont know the absolute facts about other organizations I dont comment. Pretty simple.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 March 27, 2020, 11:34:40 AM
Clearly you must be a parent in the DVHL rules are rules and I'm going off of what I'm reading in the bylaws. There are ways around it. It's called a brown paper with green in it haha. As for putting a team in the AYHL at squirt Minor/ Major -Peewee Minor/Major are called feeding team to U14. Take the time to read the bylaws and welcome to the AYHL. As for the 09s winning the DVHL hahahaha I'm sorry if they played in the AYHL they would be at the bottom same with Delco which is the best 09 team in that AA division. Winning a championship in the DVHL and bragging about it to parents that have kids that play in the USPHL, AYHL, EHF AAA Elite is a joke in its self. Now I'm saying awesome job to the kids that won it. I'll never take that way from them. But you parents I'll take it away all day long and im laughing at you  ;D
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 March 27, 2020, 11:43:11 AM
Im not a parent in the DVHL. I have first hand knowledge of the situation. I have played and coached at higher levels. I am not saying that those teams would be top teams at the 09 level. And lets not even get started about how watered down some levels are. There are tons of birth years who play Tier One in different orgs who would get beat by teams in the DVHL and you know it. I know for a fact the district is focused on consolidating Tier One heavily over the next few years. What I am telling you is that LVPY is a member of the AYHL and has been paying for two teams since they bought their way into the league years ago. The AYHL asked them to put a team in by this season or they would lose membership. Their 2011 has been approved and declared. If the AYHL thought their team wasnt going to be competitive they wouldnt have let them in. Not sure what you dont understand.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 March 27, 2020, 11:56:10 AM
And I'm saying to you rules are rules bylaws are bylaws what are you not understanding. And I know all about LHVP and they have been in the AYHL. They chose to keep paying and not fielding a team that's on their board. The whole point I'm maken is change the bylaws then to get into the AYHL you have to have a 14u or up and then your feeding teams get in. By doing only squirts/peewee it's not fair to the DVHL squirt/Peewee/ Organization that would want to Participate in the AY.....The whole water down league is another topic in its self and I agree 110% with you on that. But if you read the list needs to be updated on the AAHA
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 March 27, 2020, 12:02:08 PM
FYI the AYHL pull the same stuff with WB/SCRANTON before that will give you a time line on how long I've been around.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 March 27, 2020, 12:22:45 PM
I have been around longer than that. That being said you are correct. They need to address those issues. I do know moving forward they are focused on contraction. They are proposing that tryouts are going to be based on what league you are in and approved for. The way around it is like what WBS did last season. They proposed a 14U team and then didnt field it. The letter chasing is stupid. Other districts dont even call their younger teams AAA. But honestly like everything you need to look at everything on a case by case basis because its about the kids. The 2011s for LVPY belong playing top teams. They are very good. It will be interesting to see what the district does. The AY isnt going to let certain programs in and they get approved Tier One. (ie Rev and PHC) I dont care what letters you talk about there are so many teams with different birth year teams that shouldnt have Tier One status and the district knows it. I do know the AY knows this and it looking at ways to address it moving forward or they could be removed as the dominant league in the district. They are not letting some of these orgs like LVPY to just put teams in that they know arent going to compete. Its kind of hard to boot a org who bought their way in before bylaws and rules changed has been paying to be a part. LVPY attends all AY meetings and has since their inception.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 March 27, 2020, 12:47:03 PM
Revolution cant get into the AYHL because of the 25 mile rule you should no that being around as long as you have. Black Bear tryed getting them in by trying to move some of the Chiefs older kids to Igloo and that was blocked at the meeting. Westchester viper have a awesome program and they cant get in because of the Multiple team feeding Rule which makes my point about this whole discussion. Change the bylaws and let's let these top end teams in that can compete.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Steel Ice Center: Lehigh Valley Phantoms Development Camp

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Replies: 0
Views: 6156
Last post May 11, 2018, 08:49:44 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Views: 8457
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Humboldt Broncos Brayden Camrud back on the ice

Views: 4929
Last post June 07, 2018, 07:45:54 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6906
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Replies: 19
Views: 35251
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest