Author Topic: lv phantoms going back to tier 1?  (Read 23749 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 March 27, 2020, 12:53:09 PM
I remember they got thrown out of the building
They would try to field teams and there coaches would go and stand in the lobby of Bridgewater asking parents to come to LH
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 March 27, 2020, 12:55:53 PM
I know that but they would never let them in anyways. And I agree with what you are saying. That being said what if a program has a U12 or U10 team that belongs playing at that level but cant due to not having a U14. The bylaws need to be changed and addressed. It use to be if you were in the AY you were  Tier One. The district really didnt have a say. Now that things have changed they need to address. At the end of the day it still comes back to the kids. If a team belongs playing at that level you run into a situation where the district rules dont allow the team to go to another org with the 2/4 rule. It needs to be more birth year focused not org focused. Every Tier One org has some strong birth years and some really weak ones that just cash checks for status and have no business playing at that level. And we know there is a lot of financial incentive. Why does the AY care if you put bottom feeder teams in if the check clears.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 March 27, 2020, 01:22:37 PM
That really depends.. Now your talking about clubs that have Jr teams and we all know that Jr teams are free everything so someone has to pay for that.  Me personally I would like to see the governing body change the rules (1.) starting with the 25 mile rule to allowing all participants to play at a tier 1 level if they can compete at a tier 1 level.(2.) I strongly recommend a 3rd party come in and do the Evaluations for tryouts. (3.) Teams that are questionable to participate at a Tier 1 level should participate in a showcase roughly around May /June. If they dont make it in. they should drop out and the better Participants on them teams should have the opportunity to go to a stronger Tier 1 club if they choose to. With out haven to fulfill the Financial obligations of the remaining balance. (4.) Clubs/Organizations should not be forced into fielding multiple teams in order to participate in a Tier1.  organization/affiliation
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 March 27, 2020, 01:25:21 PM
I dont think I'm I'm asking for alot  :D
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 March 27, 2020, 01:37:08 PM
I dont disagree with that. As always you have to look at lots of variables. Its a double edge sword. You can be like how our district was/is and let people pay to play Tier One or get approved for it or you can be the other end like Illinois where there is a monopoly and one could argue it hurts the kids. Money is such a big factor. I think its all about player development and challenging kids. I dont care about letters. But if a team (approved Tier One or not) belongs playing at the higher levels they should be able to do it without the restraints of red tape. It will change soon. Whether its better or worse who knows. Theres a lot of legacy teams and cooks in the kitchen. South Jersey/Philly Five County is so condensed it really makes it a turf war. Parents are willing to travel for status. Just knowing some of the things that happened at the 8U AAU level this season is crazy.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 March 27, 2020, 01:38:43 PM
And I know in Illinois at the U8 through U18 level you can only change orgs one time in your whole career. Could you imagine that here?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 March 27, 2020, 02:43:41 PM
I dont no to much about the system in IL. But I'm pretty sure the AAHA Adopted the National/American divisions and the 15 pure system from them please correct me if I'm wrong. But at u10 it will be unbalanced in the AY till you get to peewee. Were they split the stronger/weaker AAA team's into 2 division what I like about what they did is the loophole and wiggle room for development of weaker teams. If a American team hits a peak and turns into a National team by the end of the season and beats the 4th place seed they can get bumped up into the National playoffs. I dumb down the literature its explain alot differently on the AAHA/AYHL website more but you get what I'm saying
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 March 27, 2020, 03:14:34 PM
Not sure if it was directly from them or not. I dont know if there is any perfect answer. I know there has been a lot of talk about going very heavy birth year oriented. The issue is in like an area that our district covers is there are so much population density that there are so many rinks and orgs. If its truly about the best development for all there needs to be a new system. Kids need to be placed where they are challenged so they can develop. I know the 2011 birth year well and I can tell you in the district there maybe 60 kids tops who belong playing top level hockey. That would be give or take 4 maybe 5 teams. Yet there is likely 13/14 teams playing AY Squirt Minor next year. Orgs cashing checks for 4K plus when it isnt in the best interest of those players development. And you have the issue of wasted ice time/game slots. Look at the top four teams in the AY 10 last year. Their are games with 20+ goal differential. No way that should happen if they structure it properly and it isnt beneficial to either team. I would think its going to be similar next season with the 11s because the district wont address better U8s playing full ice they have created an issue in which all the best final year players play together under AAU. They all pretty much are going to play for 3 or 4 orgs next year which makes it so lopsided. Best kids on lower teams are getting picked off during the year because they play AAU with another group of kids. If you dont have strong coaching at the bottom your U10 program can be decimated.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 March 27, 2020, 07:28:25 PM
You seem to know alot about the LHVP 11s tell me just out of curiosity who have they played in the AYHL last their season?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 March 27, 2020, 08:23:11 PM
10's AYHL division has the VFMM in that league and that team is ranked 3rd in the Nation are you trying to tell me that this LHVF 11's team is that good and they will be ranked that high? I cant wait to hear about it. Not that it really matters at this age it's just nice to hear our area is getting better.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Steel Ice Center: Lehigh Valley Phantoms Development Camp

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Clinics, Camps, Tryouts, Tourneys etc.

Replies: 0
Views: 6154
Last post May 11, 2018, 08:49:44 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Views: 8456
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Humboldt Broncos Brayden Camrud back on the ice

Views: 4929
Last post June 07, 2018, 07:45:54 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6905
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Replies: 19
Views: 35246
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest