Author Topic: Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?  (Read 35250 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 March 26, 2019, 09:28:59 PM
I can 100% assure you the Tier II club I'm on the Board of makes zero money! My kid aged out of youth hockey a few years ago and I still volunteer alot of time because of the kids. And guess what - no brain damage!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 26, 2019, 10:38:40 PM
AAA is so watered down lately.  There are many more teams than it used to be.  It is no longer elite in the Atlantic district.  For the money a tier II AA team is better cost wise and your player will most likely get more ice time.   AAA has become a big money grab.  The politics in youth hockey starts with the Atlantic district and the rules need to be refined to help organizations promote youth hockey.  Too many elite teams which really aren’t seem to give false hopes to parents. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 08, 2019, 08:31:48 AM

Tier I is usually FOR PROFIT and
Tier II is NON PROFIT

The reason hockey clubs exist is for profit. No club president can honestly look a parent in the face and tell them they do it for the kids. It's all about the money, you'd have to be seriously lacking brain activity to think otherwise.

**** says that all the time!  She even pays out of her pocket! LOL!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17148,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 10, 2019, 12:07:09 PM
Tier II is cheaper than Tier I. But more bang for the buck? It depends on the kids skill level, attitude & family. Both are expensive and come with huge time commitments for the families. Neither is make or break for a player at anything below Midget hockey so relax & enjoy the youth hockey ride while you can.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 18, 2019, 09:16:35 AM
bump
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 18, 2019, 11:08:41 AM

Agree.  I have seen kids (and parents) that thought AAA American or Jr B was some sort of status symbol, something that proved they or their kid had arrived.  I normally wouldn't care. I mean if you have the money and don't mind paying the price, more power to you. But you'd be surprised how many kids especially at the midget level can't find a better option.  I have actually seen whole AAA American rosters full of kids that were only there because they couldn't find any competitive tier 2 options closer to home. Their local organization either couldn't or wouldn't field a AA team at their age group and most of the other tier 2 organizations had their AA roster set long before tryouts. So they held their nose, paid the price, and hoped for the best. As a result I don't prejudge them anymore. 

I agree about the lower level tier 1 being tier 2 outcasts.  The tier 1 teams have the ability to make more ice available and just create a team out of thin air. As a business it's a nice spot to be in.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 18, 2019, 12:23:48 PM
Our program is run NON-PROFIT. We strive for a break-even. For our region, PROFITS cannot fundraise and will be taxed.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 18, 2019, 12:35:20 PM
Our program is run NON-PROFIT. We strive for a break-even. For our region, PROFITS cannot fundraise and will be taxed.

By definition that is how a non-profit is supposed to operate.

Can you provide any insight into how your club operates with respect to spirit wear, uniforms and tuition? Do you sell your own merchandise, (spirit wear, gloves, helmets, equipment bags etc) through your own channels such as in-house owned printing/embroidering operations? Do you inflate prices for tuition beyond the  standard rink rental rates across the league? Do you inflate uniform packages by 200-300%?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 June 28, 2020, 07:00:01 PM
AAA is over priced and has been ml watered down with AA players.  It’s not such an elite league as it was 10 years ago.  Anymore it’s a money maker for the organizations and coaches involved.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
The whiners on this page are non-stop.  We all know what it is, watered down, a waste of money, all true.  If you're not interested in it, don't have your child play in it.  But for some unknown reason, it has to be said over and over and over again.  Enough already.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2019USA Hockey Tier I and Tier II Recruiting Rule FAQ

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 29
Views: 13222
Last post April 30, 2019, 02:20:12 PM
by Guest
Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8457
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6905
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II