Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Jags black bear fees for AHF for 2023 season

<< < (12/18) > >>

Guest:
That's good to get practice 3x a week. How was your AA experience?

Not sure where you played, but my son plays A level in PA.

Guest:
Played AA in Central NJ. Moving to AAA next year- more expensive, but 3x's week on ice, one off with trainer, weekly skills, training camp, spring skates, video sessions. AAA Better bang for buck, especially at non-BB rink. AA at a BB rink was a total rip-off for $3900 with jerseys & socks. AHF AA was very good competition but the practices were all 2 shared ice practices/week, no off ice, skills sessions were worthless, only 1 of 2 tournaments, no training camp as promised, and dad coaching just ok. Looking forward to AAA with non-dad coaches and a more professional atmosphere.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 14, 2023, 06:41:08 AM ---If the attitude is to skate, skate, skate then stay at AA and go to Elite Edge or somewhere like that for private lessons. your kid will surely skate, skate, skate while saving money at the same time. Join a gym for $30 a month and most have a trainer included with membership. I personally don't want a kid on my kids AAA team that isn't worried about the quality of team they are on.

--- End quote ---

And I don't want someone on my team that only cares about winning. Name of game until kids hit puberty is development and skating. Wins and losses mean nothing. I care about improvement, playing the game as a team, working hard and having fun. If all this happens, then so will wining. I know the team will have talent, but don't want winning at all costs like some of the AAA teams.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 14, 2023, 06:28:44 PM ---Played AA in Central NJ. Moving to AAA next year- more expensive, but 3x's week on ice, one off with trainer, weekly skills, training camp, spring skates, video sessions. AAA Better bang for buck, especially at non-BB rink. AA at a BB rink was a total rip-off for $3900 with jerseys & socks. AHF AA was very good competition but the practices were all 2 shared ice practices/week, no off ice, skills sessions were worthless, only 1 of 2 tournaments, no training camp as promised, and dad coaching just ok. Looking forward to AAA with non-dad coaches and a more professional atmosphere.

--- End quote ---
No off ice and only 1 tournament is more of a coach/team manager problem more than a BB problem. I was BB this past season and we did 1hr of dryland every week and 4 tournaments. I know BB probably said 2 tournaments but your coach and team manager needs to push a little like ours did. We did 4 but only paid extra for 2.

Guest:
But that is what waters down the AAA programs...it's these pay to play AAA programs. If you want your kid to skate, skate, skate, and not care about the quality of a AAA program, you can get the kid to do that on an A or AA team by having him do a clinic or camps rather than 3 practices a week without possibly playing on a team that gets their s***t kicked in every game (not saying that would be the team he would play on).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version