Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Jags black bear fees for AHF for 2023 season

<< < (13/18) > >>

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 14, 2023, 06:32:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on March 14, 2023, 06:41:08 AM ---If the attitude is to skate, skate, skate then stay at AA and go to Elite Edge or somewhere like that for private lessons. your kid will surely skate, skate, skate while saving money at the same time. Join a gym for $30 a month and most have a trainer included with membership. I personally don't want a kid on my kids AAA team that isn't worried about the quality of team they are on.

--- End quote ---

And I don't want someone on my team that only cares about winning. Name of game until kids hit puberty is development and skating. Wins and losses mean nothing. I care about improvement, playing the game as a team, working hard and having fun. If all this happens, then so will wining. I know the team will have talent, but don't want winning at all costs like some of the AAA teams.

--- End quote ---
Where did I say I only cared about winning? The term was quality. A quality team is playing the game right and being competitive. At Peewee AAA your kid should already be a strong skater and you shouldn't have to worry about just skate, skate, skate. Too many AAA teams shouldn't be AAA but the clubs care about the $ and the parents care about the letter. I hate playing AAA games outshooting a team by 30 and winning by 5+ goals. I'd rather lose by one than win by 5. The AAA teams that my oldest son played against and beat by 5+ are still getting beat by that 6yrs later. If you don't care how good a team is you may fall into the same situation. I have an 06 and 11 both playing AAA and when we moved here from Maine in 2015 I saw the squirt AA teams and decided to go AAA the next year. I did my homework on what AAA club to select. I suggest you do your homework as well.

hockeydad321:
So, how are tryouts going at Igloo? Just curious if there is enough talent and depth to field AA teams at 12U & 10U. I heard a lot of players left for Hollydell and Pennsauken. Is this true?

Guest:

--- Quote from: hockeydad321 on March 23, 2023, 01:47:38 PM ---So, how are tryouts going at Igloo? Just curious if there is enough talent and depth to field AA teams at 12U & 10U. I heard a lot of players left for Hollydell and Pennsauken. Is this true?

--- End quote ---
definitely enough for AA im pretty sure all the rinks are fielding AA birth year teams , or at least birth year teams they are calling AA

Guest:
felt like 40-50 pw and slightly smaller squirt.  not sure quality yet

justahockeydad:
40-50 at peewee with time to add some more should be enough for 3 teams

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version