Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Jags black bear fees for AHF for 2023 season

<< < (17/18) > >>

hockeydad321:
The coach of this seasons Squirt A will probably disagree, but he has no idea how good most of the AA Squirt teams were this year. AA is a way higher level than A due to the skating. All the AA teams this season played as a team, passed the puck and 80% of the players were very good skaters. Taking A players with average skating ability and putting them on the ice against superior skaters that play a team game is coaching malpractice! The kids are the ones who will suffer. I know the left over 2012 kids from AA/A and with exception of maybe 1 A player, none are AA caliber. Even that A player will have a tough time at AA because of his skating. Igloo should be shamed of putting a 2012 Pee Wee AA team on the ice. The 2 best 22-23 Squirt AA players left are a 2014 & 2013, but neither of them will play up. The talent is just not there. I was told first hand all the Igloo coaches were very disappointed in the Pee Wee turnout #'s and the level of play was not high. Wait until the AA parents see Team Philadelphia, Blazers, Mercer Chiefs (Stars), Wissahickon, Valley Forge, Hollydell, Lehigh Valley and NY teams. These teams are loaded with 2012 talent, can skate, are very big and will blow out the Jaguars. Even Haverford has more talent. The only team that might be below the Jags is Delaware. Hopefully after the AA parity tournament saner heads prevail.

This is why we moved to a different 2012 AA team. We saw the handwriting on the wall. Good luck and I hope I am wrong

Guest:
They will never learn, will they? Nothing wrong with not declaring team level until after they see what they have

Just like 2 years ago, when the below team started as AHL AA, but then was slotted to NJYHL A

Team Information - MYHockey

Guest:
After the parity 😂. You and I know that is joke and did nothing to put teams into the right division. Look at 16 gold, the top 4 teams didn't field a AA team and at the A parity the didn't even break a sweat, should have been moved up. The Vipers went the season with 1 win and was bad in the parity, team should have been moved down to A silver. Good luck with the AHF using the parity how it was sold to us to be and actually make teams play where they should be.

Guest:
Another Pee Wee tryout added. Heard from another rinks HD that Igloo is very worried about next season. A lot of talent left for AAA and other rinks over last 2 years. I feel bad for 2013 and 2014 AA leftovers. Those 2 kids can play and left with no other AA level players. PW 2012 kids should all play A but BB needs AA fees. PW will have a very tough season.

Guest:
if rinks cant get/keep the talent for AAA or AA teams, why dont they focus on a competitive, affordable level of A or B hockey. Dont need as many games, practices or tournaments. Charge maybe $2,500 or so, and have a few more kids on the team?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version