Author Topic: Delaware Ducks News  (Read 15075 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 February 06, 2019, 09:43:15 AM
Some would actually have a celebration if the PWAA coach left.....just as much as the Blue Hens celebrated loosing their mites coach.    ;D
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 February 06, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
Really, for Team Philly how is that supremely different from a player perspective than Quakers was?  They have a ton of players at a ton of divisions high and low.  They skate in the same place for the same people in many cases and with the same kids in many cases.  So they played in the EJEPL and traveled more for one year.  So?  Why would we expect it to unfold differently if that were to happen to the Ducks in the future?  I don't think it would.

I would not assume that Team Philly gets into the DVHL next season.  Many of the TP parents that I have spoken about are very unhappy with how this season has gone in terms of the schedule and the travel.  If it is another year of EJEPL, tournaments/showcases and games against other team that will play them (especially for the B teams that have no EJEPL division to play in), then I think a lot of families go back to the Quakers now that the uncertainty about the rink has been resolved.  Some families might explore other local options like Valley Forge or Kings. 

If TP doesn’t get into the DVHL (which i think they don’t) then I think they lose players to those programs next year.  Parents are not going to buy the same promises from Ice Line two years in a row. 

That being said they would probably prefer playing at Ice Line than at single sheet facilities like Westtown or PowerPlay.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 February 06, 2019, 10:12:46 AM
There are too many clubs and too many rinks within ear shot of one another. While rinks do not make any money, the clubs do, hand over fist. This isn't youth hockey from 15 years ago, it is a dog eat dog business venture where all of them compete for the same local players, all of them trying their best to convince the parents their program is better. This particular thread is a perfect example of what the youth hockey business has devolved into. Problem is the majority of the parents are too stupid to realize the clubs don't give a shit about the kids, it's all about the club bank account.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 February 06, 2019, 10:15:59 AM

If TP doesn’t get into the DVHL (which i think they don’t) then I think they lose players to those programs next year.  Parents are not going to buy the same promises from Ice Line two years in a row. 

They will, the owner of TP is on the board and runs the High School hockey segment for the AAHA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 February 06, 2019, 10:55:58 AM
TP isn't advertising which league they'll play in

https://www.teamphl.org/structure

Got to give them credit having info up already.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 February 06, 2019, 11:17:02 AM
I would not assume that Team Philly gets into the DVHL next season.  Many of the TP parents that I have spoken about are very unhappy with how this season has gone in terms of the schedule and the travel.  If it is another year of EJEPL, tournaments/showcases and games against other team that will play them (especially for the B teams that have no EJEPL division to play in), then I think a lot of families go back to the Quakers now that the uncertainty about the rink has been resolved.  Some families might explore other local options like Valley Forge or Kings. 

That being said they would probably prefer playing at Ice Line than at single sheet facilities like Westtown or PowerPlay.
Bringing it back to the Ducks for a minute.  The DE Patriots are already in the DVHL for the Mites are they not?  I don't know all the rules and whatnot, but if they would want to create their own rink owned upper program what would prevent them from just expanding?  Team Philly was an entirely new thing with no previous league affiliations so they had to apply to get in.  The DE Patriots already exist as a DVHL entity.  In fact all 5 of those 5 Mite teams someone listed earlier aren't actually Ducks teams at all, they are PIC run DE Patriots teams.  Unless there is something I'm missing if DE Patriots chose to expand their program on their own I don't think they'd need to apply to DVHL for membership because they are already in and they wouldn't be probationary members so they could take as many skaters from as many organizations as they wanted to.  No?

The DVHL did Team Philly a big favor by keeping them out of the DVHL last year.  If they had let them in TP could have only taken 2 Quakers.  The way it went down, Team Philly could take them all and there was no way to stop them.  If they keep them out again this year the door is still open for them to take whoever they want from wherever they want.  I wonder of DVHL realized their error and will let them in just to stop that from happening for a couple years.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 February 06, 2019, 11:44:46 AM
What team Philly did last year was well thought out. They knew they couldn't walk into the DVHL first season right after pilfering 90% of an entire club's membership. They did what they had to in order to get to 2019-20 season. They will petition for DVHL membership next Month and it will be granted. After completing a full season there will be a vote for full membership in March 2020 which will also be granted but they will continue the full 2020-21 season on probation as well. In 2021-22 they will officially be full tier ll DVHL members.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 February 06, 2019, 11:53:45 AM
Look at which DVHL clubs have played TP this season and which have not, and that may give you a sense of how the clubs will vote this year.  Just because JG is on the board for District and the ICSHL doesn’t mean that DVHL will cow down to him.  He did hijack and entire program from an existing member club and people are still pissed off it.  I can see them not letting TP in as a way to help the Quakers re-build as a viable program without having rebuild from Mite up.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 February 06, 2019, 12:06:40 PM
What team Philly did last year was well thought out. They knew they couldn't walk into the DVHL first season right after pilfering 90% of an entire club's membership. They did what they had to in order to get to 2019-20 season.
It was perfectly played to avoid the rules intended to stop them from doing exactly what they did.  The horse is out of the barn now, there's no benefit in keeping them out longer other than spite.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 February 06, 2019, 12:24:22 PM
Look at which DVHL clubs have played TP this season and which have not, and that may give you a sense of how the clubs will vote this year. 
I counted the following DVHL organizations that played TP this year at some level, several played at multiple levels.
Blazers
Central Penn
CCSC
Delco
Ducks
Exton
Grundy
Haverford
Hershey
Ice Dogs
JBH
Lancaster
LV Phantoms
LV Rebels
OYR
Palmyra
Snider
Warwick
Wissahickon
Valley Forge

I didn't notice Jr. Pens, Quakers, Cap City, Pottstown

Again, DVHL could have banned teams from playing TP this year.  They didn't.  Big favor.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

**** Delaware Prep

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 4065
Last post March 20, 2019, 10:54:59 PM
by Guest
That delaware prep guy

Replies: 1
Views: 2876
Last post May 30, 2019, 08:28:50 AM
by Guest
Delaware Hockey Situation (2024-2025 Season)

Replies: 16
Views: 1899
Last post February 19, 2024, 04:32:50 PM
by Guest