Author Topic: No AHF schedule  (Read 10024 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 June 20, 2022, 08:30:02 PM
Got our schedule from manager today.  It’s not on the AHF website yet though.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 June 20, 2022, 10:03:07 PM
AHF schedule has been out for weeks to the clubs.  Clubs then do the individual scheduling of dates and times between each other.  When that is finalized it goes on the web site.  Talk to your club if you want to know the status but matchups are already out.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 June 21, 2022, 10:51:07 AM
You must be new to municipal youth sports. This happens everywhere at every level in every sport and I have to assume nobody cares just like in those other sports.
[/qu

Not new. I have an 8 year old and a 21 year old with 4 other in between. I have been around hockey and other sports since my oldest was 6. Hockey is by far the worst officiated sport! To allow a ref to officiate their home rink games is a joke. Also, hockey is easier to fix than other sports. Power plays, icings & off sides can change a game in a minute. Baseball has ball and strikes, but little league is not allowed to have an ump affiliated with either team. Ice hockey officiating is a joke! You must be one of the refs that fixes games or a parent that gets games fixed in their favor!

Refs are not affiliated with rinks and do not have "home rinks".  Refs should not be limited by rink but instead by their character.  If they know kids on the team and officiate differently, they should be held accountable.   Most coaches and a lot of the kids know some of the refs - hockey is a small world.  Sometimes the "home rinks" hate the management of the rink or certain coaches and give the away team better calls...  and the point about baseball is not true.  District baseball teams (that lead to LLWS) are coached by whoever the home filed wants to get.  I have seen coaches in the program ump these games.  They know every kid on the team and their families by first name.   There is a shortage of officials in sports, we just deal with it. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 June 21, 2022, 11:06:54 AM

Not new. I have an 8 year old and a 21 year old with 4 other in between. I have been around hockey and other sports since my oldest was 6. Hockey is by far the worst officiated sport! To allow a ref to officiate their home rink games is a joke. Also, hockey is easier to fix than other sports. Power plays, icings & off sides can change a game in a minute. Baseball has ball and strikes, but little league is not allowed to have an ump affiliated with either team. Ice hockey officiating is a joke! You must be one of the refs that fixes games or a parent that gets games fixed in their favor!

Yes definitely actually we have a group of dads who put our money into a pot every home game to pay off the refs who normally make about 4500$ from us to fix our 12 year old pee wee games. We been doing this for 4 years and this one 16 yr old kid has made about 60000$ from us he makes good money and drives a brand new audi a5 convertible. We never lose a home game its awesome. Kids hockey is the best for cheating and fixing gonna do it in college and nhl too when our kids get there.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10664,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

AHF Schedule Posted

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 15146
Last post July 18, 2022, 08:52:37 AM
by heyrefyou
DVHL schedule?