Author Topic: Sportsmanship and community  (Read 5128 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 November 01, 2019, 12:13:23 PM
Totally fair point and I 100% agree that losing is part of life.  So much so in fact that I don't let my 7 year old win at anything... not even Connect 4 unless he really wins.  That said, win or lose, people should follow the rules.... including following the rules of their level of play involving contact etc.  I have asked our coach to pull my son from a game when he was too aggressive (inappropriately so for mite hockey)… we don't cheat.  we win or lose by the rules. 

And, as far as my behavior - I totally agree there too, probably not too nice to say what I said about their lack of endowment and call them shit gulls, but this is a forum for adults and I am venting my frustration over poor behavior by adults.  I am and always will be passionate in everything for my kids at every level - honestly, NOW is when it matters most, because once your character is established it is difficult to modify.  I am proud of my kid and fine with his loss.  He scored against a team bigger, better, and meaner than his and he did tied it back to empathy for a kid he barely knows.  He will be fine in life and I can live with it.T
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 November 01, 2019, 12:48:30 PM
Totally fair point and I 100% agree that losing is part of life.  So much so in fact that I don't let my 7 year old win at anything... not even Connect 4 unless he really wins.  That said, win or lose, people should follow the rules.... including following the rules of their level of play involving contact etc.  I have asked our coach to pull my son from a game when he was too aggressive (inappropriately so for mite hockey)… we don't cheat.  we win or lose by the rules. 

And, as far as my behavior - I totally agree there too, probably not too nice to say what I said about their lack of endowment and call them shit gulls, but this is a forum for adults and I am venting my frustration over poor behavior by adults.  I am and always will be passionate in everything for my kids at every level - honestly, NOW is when it matters most, because once your character is established it is difficult to modify.  I am proud of my kid and fine with his loss.  He scored against a team bigger, better, and meaner than his and he did tied it back to empathy for a kid he barely knows.  He will be fine in life and I can live with it.T

You sound like a helicopter parent just let your son play how he wants to play. He will hate the game by 13u if you don't stop controlling him.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: