Author Topic: tier !  (Read 19904 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 March 14, 2022, 09:09:04 PM
Fact: There are rinks in the area where it is easier to make the AAA team than the top TIer 2 teams. I would also wager that PW and below AA teams would mop up all but a few area AAA teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12895,Guest15610,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13587,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 March 14, 2022, 10:36:03 PM
What rinks are those??  There are just a few examples of local AAA and AA teams playing at the squirt level last season but the comparisons are inaccurate as most AA teams were composed of 2011s and they sometimes played 2012 teams. I watched the Jr Flyers 2012s beat a good Haverford AA last year in a tight game but the 1 year size difference between the two teams was glaring. I know a bad Rockets team dropped a couple to AA teams. The bottom line, I think, is that a good AA team, playing kids of the same birth year is probably middle of the pack in the various tri-state leagues at PW and SQ. They’re not gonna beat PHC at 2011/2012, JRF 2012, LVP or NJ Colonials at 2011. AA and A however is still a GREAT competitive option, one that both my kids enjoy.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 March 15, 2022, 07:06:21 AM
LF - JF - FE. Every Flyers program
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 March 15, 2022, 07:17:03 AM
LF - JF - FE. Every Flyers program
maybe at SQ and PW but certainly not at the 15, 16U, 18U levels, not even close.  And let's be honest that is when Tier 1 players should be separating themselves from the rest of the pack.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12260,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 March 15, 2022, 07:31:57 AM
My response is responding to the comment about what rinks are those for mites sqs. My kid is one of them and his team is made up of in house and new travel players with no tier 1 background. I just want my son to play at a higher level as he grows. The competition at mite and squirt is not good at tier 1.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 March 15, 2022, 09:48:36 AM
I can only speak to the 2012 birth year but LF dominated every AA team they faced (6-0) including a good Woodbridge team. JRF 2012s beat a good Haverford team of 2011s. FE didn’t have a 2012 team. At the 2011/2012 birth year, local AA/A teams are not as competitive with top AAA teams. They might certainly beat some of the middle or lower ranked teams but LF, PHC, JRF have more talent at 2012 than any of the local AA/A teams.    I know people have been bashing Venom and I understand the criticism, much of it deserved, but I give them credit for forcing the issue of full ice mite programs to the forefront. My son, after playing two years of Atoms and a year of half ice mite was big enough and skilled enough to try full ice as a second year mite and it helped him tremendously when he moved to Sq and was already accustomed to playing the entire rink and offsides. Full ice mite doesn’t work for everyone but we personally found it helpful.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 March 15, 2022, 10:38:24 AM
I can only speak to the 2012 birth year but LF dominated every AA team they faced (6-0) including a good Woodbridge team. JRF 2012s beat a good Haverford team of 2011s. FE didn’t have a 2012 team. At the 2011/2012 birth year, local AA/A teams are not as competitive with top AAA teams. They might certainly beat some of the middle or lower ranked teams but LF, PHC, JRF have more talent at 2012 than any of the local AA/A teams.    I know people have been bashing Venom and I understand the criticism, much of it deserved, but I give them credit for forcing the issue of full ice mite programs to the forefront. My son, after playing two years of Atoms and a year of half ice mite was big enough and skilled enough to try full ice as a second year mite and it helped him tremendously when he moved to Sq and was already accustomed to playing the entire rink and offsides. Full ice mite doesn’t work for everyone but we personally found it helpful.

Agree about full ice mite. My son, 2013, played this past year and helped his  game immensely. As far as AAA vs AA/A, a lot or really good Igloo and Voorhees AA/A players do not play AAA. Combine the best Flyers Youth & Igloo Squirt players and you would have very good to great AAA FE Squirt teams that would be just as good as PHC and LV. Parents just don't want the expense and travel. This is why PHC and LV while very good, do not represent all the best players in this region.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13981,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 March 15, 2022, 11:29:43 AM

Agree about full ice mite. My son, 2013, played this past year and helped his  game immensely. As far as AAA vs AA/A, a lot or really good Igloo and Voorhees AA/A players do not play AAA. Combine the best Flyers Youth & Igloo Squirt players and you would have very good to great AAA FE Squirt teams that would be just as good as PHC and LV. Parents just don't want the expense and travel. This is why PHC and LV while very good, do not represent all the best players in this region.

A team that went 14-32-6 and another Squirt A team that went 29-6-3 have enough talent to run with the top 20 teams in the country at their age but lost games to teams that aren't even in the top 200? Their coaches must be horrible with that kind of talent on their roster...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19036,Guest17815,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 March 15, 2022, 12:51:48 PM

A team that went 14-32-6 and another Squirt A team that went 29-6-3 have enough talent to run with the top 20 teams in the country at their age but lost games to teams that aren't even in the top 200? Their coaches must be horrible with that kind of talent on their roster...

You point out their records but failed to mention that the igloo are an A National team in NJYHL and played AA in AHF. My guess is they were out matched in AA as a team. I would think they had a couple really solid players that could have been AA players but the rest of the team wasn't. Combine them with the top Flyers youth and take the best 12 skaters and top goalie and I bet they give LV a good game. LV only had 11 skaters so 12 will do. I am a different commenter from who you were talking to and a LV parent.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11438,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19434,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 March 15, 2022, 01:27:26 PM
What planet are you on? Just take random AA kids and they would give LV or PHC/Colonials a good game? LV played the top AA teams last year (They were a year older) and smoked all of them by 8-10 goals. Look there are 100 percent AA players who can play on good AAA teams but your delusional if you think thats the case and don't give any credit to the types of teams those teams play. You can't just take some AA kids and think they won't get blown out of the rink. Those kids don't play the skill level they play at the highest level regardless of whatever letter you want to give them. Experience means something. I agree 100 percent that AAA doesn't mean anything but there are top level teams that are a different breed. Those three teams beat teams ranked teams ranked in the #50 to 75# ranking by more than 10 goals this season. Pull up those teams records vs AA teams. Some of the top AA teams in the DVHL/NJYHL lost to bottom barrel Tier One teams that those teams pummeled. And forget the score. Look at puck possession. I've seen those teams play games where the other team doesn't even touch the puck. And the crazy part is they are all likely to add more pieces next year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17425,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10707,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8591
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7042
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35877
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9248
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!