Author Topic: Flyers Elite  (Read 16087 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 March 20, 2022, 05:19:20 PM
The rumor mill doesn't sound good for DV. Rumor is only A & B with no American or National.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 March 20, 2022, 05:52:00 PM
That is untrue. There are plenty of teams to play AA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 March 21, 2022, 06:37:42 AM
Hope you are right, I really don't think you are. Way too many organizations leaving to have a competitive AA
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 March 21, 2022, 09:08:44 AM
Kids don't care about competition the parents do so they can post on facebook their kid is AA or AAA. The DVHL will be fine with their AA level.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10658,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15617,Guest17277,Guest10617,Guest17498,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 March 22, 2022, 06:24:58 AM
I beg to differ, while some of the kids on my sons U16 A team didn't  a majority actually did care about the competition of the games. They hated playing the bottom teams that they'd beat by 6+ goals. On the other hand the loved when they would be in a tournament and have to play AA teams playing down thanks to covid, they won 1 of the 4. They also went into "the meaningless" consolation games wanting to show something. My son is a goalie and only wanted to goalie against the top half of the division for the competition.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11396,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 March 22, 2022, 07:38:27 AM
Kids don't care about competition the parents do so they can post on facebook their kid is AA or AAA. The DVHL will be fine with their AA level.
If your kid doesn't care about competition he may be in the wrong sport I can't imagine a 14u or older not wanting to win and if you're not going to compete for the puck at that age you're going to get injured.  I think the DVHL will be fine with some orgs at some ages for AA.  The problem will be there will only be 2 or 3 that are competitive.  Look at the 16 and 18u teams, who will be at the top, Delco, Quakers, Genesis, can't think of a solid roster after that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19196,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 March 22, 2022, 10:01:05 AM
If your kid doesn't care about competition he may be in the wrong sport I can't imagine a 14u or older not wanting to win and if you're not going to compete for the puck at that age you're going to get injured.  I think the DVHL will be fine with some orgs at some ages for AA.  The problem will be there will only be 2 or 3 that are competitive.  Look at the 16 and 18u teams, who will be at the top, Delco, Quakers, Genesis, can't think of a solid roster after that.

Kids go to the rink to tryout and they get put where the politically motivated dad coaches put them. They have no say what team they play on. Kids on higher level teams expect to win and don't want to lose. Kids on lower level teams just hope to win something. Mom and dad however expect their kids regardless of their competitive level to be on the best team and are angry when they aren't.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 March 22, 2022, 03:57:53 PM

Kids go to the rink to tryout and they get put where the politically motivated dad coaches put them. They have no say what team they play on. Kids on higher level teams expect to win and don't want to lose. Kids on lower level teams just hope to win something. Mom and dad however expect their kids regardless of their competitive level to be on the best team and are angry when they aren't.

I don't care if my kids team finishes first or last. The only thing I care about is good coaching, my kids getting better and most importantly that my kids have fun. Once the fun is gone, so is the kid!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 March 22, 2022, 04:04:33 PM
I'm going to guess your kids still play at a level where everyone makes a team and daddy coaches are all you have?  At the older levels there are cuts, kids who don't want to compete don't make a team.  Most of the AA coaches are non-parent, the A coaches are a mix, but there are no kids on the ice because their parents want them there, the kid has to want to be there.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 March 22, 2022, 04:25:08 PM
So where did all the Kids from the 2011 Flyers Elite go?

Also,
Whats the outcome of the FE 2010 Team and that tryout they had for new kids?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Another flyers tier 1 Philadelphia Flyers Elite

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 48
Views: 19559
Last post May 09, 2020, 09:02:00 AM
by Guest
Flyers Elite - It's official