Author Topic: Hershey Jr Bears  (Read 5230 times)

Description: No Travel Teams?

Hershey Jr Bears
Topic: March 29, 2022, 11:03:55 PM
I heard that the Hershey Jr Bears weren’t fielding any travel teams.  Anybody else here this?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 30, 2022, 06:35:59 AM
WOW how disappointing that would be. I remember when my son first got into hockey it seemed like they were always a top team, what happened to them?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 30, 2022, 08:18:23 AM
I heard that the Vipers and Black Knights are having real nice numbers, don't know if this is true. If so, is this where the Bears players are going? Is this a direct result of parents wanting to test the AHF waters? No I'm not hyping the AHF this is a serious inquiry.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 30, 2022, 08:31:27 AM
Vipers and bears play in the twin rinks in Harrisburg a bb owned rink. Vipers are ahf and bears aren't they are staying in the dvhl so bb gave them the same ultimatum the blazers got. Move to ahf or you have no rink to play out of. No hype is necessary they are being forced out by the monopoly.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13860,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 March 30, 2022, 08:59:10 AM
My understanding is HJB did apply to AHF and was turned down.  Assuming that is correct, to your point, BB trying to squeeze them out.

Seems most HJB kids went to PBK and a few to the Vipers.  Guessing a couple may have gone to York as well.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 30, 2022, 09:14:54 AM
I feel like Hershey has been on the decline for years now. When my son first started playing 10 years ago they seemed to be dominate club at AA. I feel like that last great team they had was 16AA like 4 years ago, mainly 01s. I think they won a few games at Nationals and maybe lost in the playoff round.
This past season they fielded 7 teams, the year before they had 6. Maybe BB/AHF was the final nail in the coffin, but this seems to be years in the making.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19481,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 30, 2022, 09:38:01 AM
Vipers and bears play in the twin rinks in Harrisburg a bb owned rink. Vipers are ahf
and bears aren't they are staying in the dvhl so bb gave them the same ultimatum the blazers got. Move to ahf or you have no rink to play out of. No hype is necessary they are being forced out by the monopoly.
I didn't realize they played out of Twin Ponds as well, every time my son has played against them it was always at the Hershey Park Arena. The reason for the not hyping the AHF comment was I've seen post simply mentioning them get they jumped on by others.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 30, 2022, 10:46:53 AM
As long as I can remember my kids played out of TPE with the Bears. They always played some games at Hershey arena but generally TPE. It was the Vipers who invaded TPE when TPW closed and they then shared.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 30, 2022, 10:57:45 AM
I guess his team were always the unlucky/lucky ones to always play in the Park Arena. Lucky in the fact that for me it brought back so many great memories, he also loved playing there. Unlucky for that fact that the stairs they'd make you carry their hockey bag up and down is a hazard. In 5 trips there I could never figure out why they wouldn't let you drive around just to drop off your player and gear.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 March 30, 2022, 12:11:19 PM
I agree. Hershey has been on the decline for years. It’s been mismanaged by the same person who gets paid but is awol.  Never attended practices or games. Only cared about PW Quebec team which hasn’t been good in last 10 years. Hershey does a great job introducing kids to hockey mainly because parents bring kids to the Hershey Bears games and kids want to try hockey. After a few years, parents and kids saw what was being offered, or what wasn’t, and just bolted to other orgs.  They have bled kids for years and did nothing to fix it.  Now there’s nothing left in reserve.  Only way to fix is scrap the people in charge and start from scratch.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11266,Guest15146,Guest12800,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: