Author Topic: AHF team placement  (Read 4910 times)

Description:

AHF team placement
Topic: April 15, 2022, 11:26:59 AM
The DVHL has all kinds of rules regarding minimum division placement of your top team in an age bracket based on winning percentage of that age brack and the one below the prior year and whether your club is a full member of the DVHL.  How does AHF do it?  If you only have one team and they are not of a low A caliber, can you choose to have your team evaluated as a B team?  Essentially can you just pick the division you think you team(s) is best suited for and register them in that division for the parity showcase?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 April 15, 2022, 12:48:44 PM
The DVHL has all kinds of rules regarding minimum division placement of your top team in an age bracket based on winning percentage of that age brack and the one below the prior year and whether your club is a full member of the DVHL.  How does AHF do it?  If you only have one team and they are not of a low A caliber, can you choose to have your team evaluated as a B team?  Essentially can you just pick the division you think you team(s) is best suited for and register them in that division for the parity showcase?

Yes. AHF will also adjust divisions of teams if needed during the season. If a team improves a lot early on and is dominating, AHF will allow them to play a higher level showcase to see if moving them is warranted. If the team does poorly they will stay in current division if they do well they will get moved up. AHF will also move a team down if they are struggling. The parity tournament is meant to limit these moves. Also it is tough gaging teams year to year due to player movement. The AHF is doing it the right way.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18115,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18444,Guest14574,Guest12918,Guest12995,Guest13420,Guest10544,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 April 16, 2022, 08:55:21 PM
We would have been a solid B National Team in the old DVHL.  We’re going to play A Silver hoping that similar teams do the same, such that AHF B is more like DVHL B American so that kids at that beginner level don’t get crushed. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 April 16, 2022, 11:04:49 PM
Like the Rebels playing B American crushing teams even while TAPEGB winning A tournaments. Don't give me that they can only play B American b.s. because that isn't true.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12980,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 April 18, 2022, 07:33:03 AM
The Rebels are not a full member club of the Dvhl and as such are not allowed to play in any division above B American.  I’m not sure of the purposes of that rule, but it’s not the Rebels doing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14640,Guest10485,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 April 18, 2022, 08:42:24 AM
I remember playing the Rebels during my son as a 1st yr Peewee in A American, it was in league games.

This is from the DVHL BY LAWS                         
 SECTION 2 -- ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP All rink owned and operated in-house programs are only allowed participation in the Mite
(6U & 8U), A American, B National & B American divisions (10U – 16U) and A American or
Combo divisions (18U) and will be considered Associate Members.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10958,Guest17912,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 April 18, 2022, 09:08:29 AM
To comment 4, I said don't give that b.s.
Comment 5, I remember playing them that year also. If memory serves me right it was a close game.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 April 18, 2022, 09:55:01 AM
To comment 4, I said don't give that b.s.
Comment 5, I remember playing them that year also. If memory serves me right it was a close game.
Honestly they were not that competitive in A American which is a little confusing. How does a team dominate B American in league games and B National in tournaments and also be competitive in A tournaments? Then be bad the 1 yr they had to play A American. Follow that the next yr with going back to B American and dominate again while also winning 2 A tournaments, sounds like a bad season was meant to be.

Also sorry for the horrible grammar in my post#5, that's what can happen when you're talking and typing at the same time. I have seen people on here be critical of others for that when they have no real comment to add.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14337,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 April 18, 2022, 10:08:02 AM
Delaware Valley Hockey League (DVHL) | Pointstreak Stats
To those that question these two commenters here is the link were you can clearly see LV Rebels were A American. I had to find it because I didn't believe it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18598,Guest18463,Guest17640,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 April 18, 2022, 09:08:06 PM
I hear all DVHL teams now require a AA team for every club.  Wow - how bad will those teams be.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

DE and NJ Team Logos

Started by adminBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 2
Views: 5819
Last post May 08, 2018, 12:16:47 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
New York Team Logos