Author Topic: Mites Hockey - COVID  (Read 2803 times)

Description: Hard to find teams willing to travel/play at 8U level.
Mites Hockey - COVID
Topic: October 27, 2020, 04:44:23 PM
Covid 19 has affected us all but I feel especially bad for our mites and even more so for those who will move up next year to squirts. 

My son (age 7) is unable to participate in any jamborees and both teams he plays for (yes, he plays for two local teams - just to increase his ice time) has yet to find anyone willing to host or travel to play.

We are in Roanoke, VA and play in Roanoke and Lynchburg, VA. 

Anyone interested in hosting us for a couple/few games?  Or, we are amazing hosts ourselves and would love to discuss an opportunity for you to join us in either Roanoke or Lynchburg. 

Anyone else frustrated for your mite? 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted angry1:
Guest18344,Guest14111,
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 October 27, 2020, 05:40:08 PM
Hi! I manage the little whalers out of Chesapeake,VA. Would LOVE to work something out! We have some ice in Nov. email me at [email protected]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 October 27, 2020, 05:49:14 PM
The Mites level in Eastern PA and DE which the Delaware Valley Hockey League covers just start playing league games this weekend.

My kid is a squirt and I’m fine just playing a league schedule as long as people stop screwing it up.  Several instances of one family with a family member with a fever going to practices and games already and screwing things up for multiple teams.

If someone in your household has Covid symptoms, stay the heck home.  Your decision to come to the rink anyway could cause a domino effect of teams cancelling games as soon as someone tests positive.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Youth Hockey Info,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest10634,

Reply #3:
 October 27, 2020, 06:00:36 PM
We are also willing to travel!
[email protected]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 October 27, 2020, 09:57:07 PM
Covid 19 has affected us all but I feel especially bad for our mites and even more so for those who will move up next year to squirts. 

My son (age 7) is unable to participate in any jamborees and both teams he plays for (yes, he plays for two local teams - just to increase his ice time) has yet to find anyone willing to host or travel to play.

We are in Roanoke, VA and play in Roanoke and Lynchburg, VA. 

Anyone interested in hosting us for a couple/few games?  Or, we are amazing hosts ourselves and would love to discuss an opportunity for you to join us in either Roanoke or Lynchburg. 

Anyone else frustrated for your mite? 
The Mites level in Eastern PA and DE which the Delaware Valley Hockey League covers just start playing league games this weekend.

My kid is a squirt and I’m fine just playing a league schedule as long as people stop screwing it up.  Several instances of one family with a family member with a fever going to practices and games already and screwing things up for multiple teams.

If someone in your household has Covid symptoms, stay the heck home.  Your decision to come to the rink anyway could cause a domino effect of teams cancelling games as soon as someone tests positive.

Our entire team has been quarantined for 2 weeks because someone came to the rink sick. I agree. Follow the rules. Because those that aren't are ruining for everyone else.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Quakers Hockey - Mites Registration

Started by RESLBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 4992
Last post August 13, 2018, 12:19:15 PM
by RESL
Expensive sticks for mites

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 10
Views: 7370
Last post April 01, 2019, 06:56:48 PM
by Guest
8yr old mites taught to fight

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 2305
Last post February 20, 2021, 07:08:37 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
What is the deal with Pilots mites program?

Replies: 63
Views: 18631
Last post January 18, 2023, 04:29:05 PM
by hockeydad321
full ice or half mites what's best?

Replies: 7
Views: 4400
Last post April 10, 2022, 08:31:48 AM
by Guest