Author Topic: Black Bear Folded our Program  (Read 2028 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 February 14, 2024, 01:21:40 PM
BBSG adds the defender tournaments which mostly consist of the same teams you play in the AHF.  It is stupid mine as well say its a an extra showcase or two.  Tournaments around this area get the same teams.  Try and get out from under the BBSG umbrella.
If this was directed toward my previous comment Defender wasn't mentioned because we've never done one. We are not a BB rink. We do 1-2 local tournaments usually Travel Champs 1 early season and 1 late/end of season and 2 tournaments 3+hrs away even as far as Nashville and Charlotte. I hate playing the same teams in tournaments as the regular season and TC actually draws from all over. You never know who you will see though. We were go to Pitt this year and was told by myhockey 2 other teams we play are there so we went to DC instead and ended up seeing 2 other teams in our league, it happens.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 February 16, 2024, 07:50:36 AM
Look what some of the parents in Lehigh did for their rink. The Steel Ice owner was ready to move on and it seems a small group got together and bought the rink. According to the news it was for around 6.5mil, which will keep it a rink. I don't think BB puts out that kind of money for rinks but they prevented others from buying and doing who knows what with it. I wonder what they have instore for it, 3rd sheet of ice maybe. I remember reading some time ago about a rink in the general area closing. Is their a need for a 3rd sheet? How many teams/leagues were impacted by the closing of the other rink? I have been to Steel Ice and it's a nice facility, hope it will stay that way.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15923,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18082,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest13107,

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

For-profit hockey rink operator Black Bear sues AHAI

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 11026
Last post November 10, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
by Guest
Black Bear Purchases Royals LLC and Wintersport Closing