Author Topic: DVHL Sandbagging  (Read 14186 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 March 30, 2019, 10:11:02 AM
I still don’t understand why there is American and National it’s all too much
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 April 21, 2019, 10:39:23 PM
The Delco stats are posted here DVHL Sandbagging
Jealousy!  Delco 03 do things the right way with keeping a core group together. Remember the core of that team was on a team that struggled at BAA the previous year. They made the right decision this year at 16AA with only a couple of additions, wrong one PWA year. Simple as that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 April 22, 2019, 09:05:00 AM
Jealousy!  Delco 03 do things the right way with keeping a core group together. Remember the core of that team was on a team that struggled at BAA the previous year. They made the right decision this year at 16AA with only a couple of additions, wrong one PWA year. Simple as that.
I still don’t understand why there is American and National it’s all too much
I don’t mind the National and American designations.  There would be way too many teams if there was a single division for A and B, and then you would have multiple teams from the same club in the same division (which already happens occasionally).  The issue here is when you only have 1 team at a given level, and whether that team has to play National, or whether they should be allowed to player American (or if they should be playing AA).

It is what it is, I’m not sure a pre-season or play-in tournament is a practical solution.  Then again, neither is forcing a team to play at a certain level based on the success of the prior season when the majority of the team has moved to another age level.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

G D T

Reply #33:
 April 22, 2019, 01:29:17 PM

So true!!  I wish more clubs had the opportunity to do birth year teams!  It seems so much better then doing the every-other-year stuff. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 April 22, 2019, 03:15:25 PM

So true!!  I wish more clubs had the opportunity to do birth year teams!  It seems so much better then doing the every-other-year stuff. 

There are too many teams around. There's only a select few who can manage age level teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 April 23, 2019, 09:09:54 AM
Just some random thoughts:
If your top team is playing AA, I don't give a crap what level the next team at that age level plays at. So I have no problem with Haverford. If you don't have a AA team and you run over everyone in what ever division you are playing you are doing your kids no favors. Some organization just like chasing trophies and we all know Lancaster is one of them. Never seen the Jr Blue Hens sandbag... partly because the ducks take their best kids before they ever have a chance.  If an organization only has one team at an age group, I generally would give them a pass regardless their record because AA is hard to commit to when everyone that shows up for tryouts makes your top (one and only) team. 

I would argue Delco never sandbags, they always have AA teams. Now the talent evaluators for some of those AA teams may need a head exam when the A teams are better, but the organization always has a AA team at every level.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jjeepers

Reply #36:
 April 23, 2019, 07:34:10 PM
I would hope Delco would have AA teams they get 80-100 kids per birth year at tryouts which mean at least 5 teams per birth year!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 April 23, 2019, 08:34:40 PM
I would hope Delco would have AA teams they get 80-100 kids per birth year at tryouts which mean at least 5 teams per birth year!

The benefit of having four sheets - able to accommodate all those kids and ice slots
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15178
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications