Author Topic: Junior scouts calling and texting me  (Read 5232 times)

Description:

Junior scouts calling and texting me
Topic: May 20, 2020, 08:06:34 PM
Hey guys, just wanted your input on things.

So I currently play U18's, and next season I will most likely play in the OJHL. However recently, multiple scouts of a NAHL team reached out to me through text asking me to go to their pre - draft camp. I've also received the "mass - send" emails regarding this as well.

Usually, I would ignore, but I had staff of the team text me multiple times already. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 May 20, 2020, 08:46:03 PM
Hey guys, just wanted your input on things.

So I currently play U18's, and next season I will most likely play in the OJHL. However recently, multiple scouts of a NAHL team reached out to me through text asking me to go to their pre - draft camp. I've also received the "mass - send" emails regarding this as well.

Usually, I would ignore, but I had staff of the team text me multiple times already. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Has any coach, (let me rephrase) has any head coach for any of those NAHL teams contacted you directly and offered you a position on any line for any of the teams?

If not, disregard. The "try-out" camps are nothing more than quota fund raising events. You pay to tryout, you get to skate and see what it's like. You never hear from them again until next season when you get the same teams sending you and calling you with tryout camp offers. All they're doing is collecting funds from players they'd otherwise never be interested in. It's a sham.

Nothing against you, but that's the drill. Go play in the OJ if you've got an offer.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 21, 2020, 12:21:56 AM
Clubs and rinks trying to collect whatever funds they can... beware

#openup
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: