Author Topic: Campus Wild  (Read 2762 times)

Description:
Campus Wild
Topic: March 21, 2023, 07:51:52 AM
In another post a comment was made about the Wild taking kids from other DVHL clubs.  DVHL Executive Vice President, Joe D’Angelo has spent a lot of time with Pottstown Penguins President, Jay Heaberlin and representatives of Campus Wild. Jay Finnigan announced that The Pottstown Penguins and Campus are going to merge. Jay went on to state that The Pottstown Penguins are being absorbed by The Campus Wild. Jay asked that for the moment if the DVHL membership could just keep this news between those on the call. Looks like that comment was dead on. I keep seeing the Wild advertise with what they want to field, now I know how they will get some of those numbers. DVHL gains 1 club while losing another.

In the same DVHL minutes it talks about a "POD" that the AAHA discussed with the DVHL and NJYHL. Does anyone know what the POD is? Is the AAHA trying to help the DVHL and NJYHL stay competitive with the AHF? I personally want to see the DVHL and NJYHL stick around, competition is always a good thing.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 21, 2023, 10:01:10 AM
Here is where I think the Wild will get their players:
1) About 75% of Pottstown Penguins will transfer over. Many will go to Exton or VFC due to the distance to Campus. Yes, I am aware they aren't far from Powerplay.
2) Downingtown players playing at Exton, Team Philly, and CCSC.
3) VFC and Team Philly players that have been training with Elite Edge.
4) Other area clubs and players that want a change.
We have been loyal to Elite Edge since they were running clinics in Reading. I know they will do a great job preparing the teams for competition.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 21, 2023, 12:39:00 PM
Another option to the west of the Philly umbrella bites the dust.  Regardless of which league, we’re down to Lancaster, CPP, York, Palmyra, and an attempt to restart Hershey.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 22, 2023, 04:14:05 PM
From what I was told is that all teams in the District will be placed in geographic pods.   You will have to play the other teams in your POD (either in league games or in non league games) these pod games will have bearing on who is invited to the district playoffs/tournaments at the end of the year.

I was also told that the games that need to be setup (between teams that don't play league games against each other) will be played at the beginning of the season.  If you go out to the AAHA website there is a blurb out there about it.   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

The Campus hockey rink in Downingtown

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 3280
Last post January 07, 2023, 05:43:37 PM
by Guest