Author Topic: Spring Hockey  (Read 1237 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 06, 2024, 03:36:19 PM
You know hockey programs are a business correct? So them “making bank” is the idea behind running a business. I’m not aware of any hockey charity programs aside from snider….

I am not talking about rinks running summer teams. I am talking about non-rink affiliated teams pulling together Spring Teams, charging a fortune, rostering AA players and playing a low A tournament. They are scum and are stealing money from stupid parents. Spring hockey is a joke!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 Today at 05:10:59 PM
All the PHC Spring Elite and AAA idiot parents getting ready for Toronto this weekend? Get your damn kids off the ice. I think playing a hockey season longer than the NHL does is not a good thing for 9-12 year old kids. PHC Games before Spring- 2013- 77, 2012-73, 2014-62. This does not even count the holiday tournaments entered by these 3 teams as Young Kings plus the 20-30 games these kids play in the spring. I already know the response I will get- "My kid loves it and wants to play". You are the adult, tell your kid to play another sport, get them off the ice for at lease 10-12 weeks a year and give them a rest. This means nothing right now! Everything changes after puberty (14-16) sets in. Listen to US Hockey on this. There is a reshuffling of the top 50 players at 14 and keeps changing the older the player gets. Build an athlete and give them a chance to succeed. You should all be locked up for child abuse! By the way, I am a coach, ex-D1 player and my kid plays AAA for a top 20 team nationally. We stop hockey after tryouts every Spring and play lacrosse. In the summer he is on a swim team. He starts skating at end of July in preparation for training camp. He is one of the better players in his age group right now, but we will know nothing until he is 15-16. We work of off-ice training- shooting, strength, stick handling, explosiveness, balance, hand-eye drills and mental aspects, which has improved his game more than being on the ice.  Wake up you f*cking morons!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Girls hockey for spring and summer tournaments

Started by JmfarrierBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 10
Views: 10804
Last post March 19, 2019, 08:36:53 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Youth Hockey Spring/Summer Tourney Teams