Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Delaware Hockey Situation (2024-2025 Season)

(1/5) > >>

Guest:
My son is trying to decide what club to play for next year in the Delaware area. 

He is a 2008 on the 16U AA / HS Varsity level.

I know there was a lot of upheaval and turnover last year with the DE scandal.

--Is JBH going to play 16U AA?
--Are players staying with Wilmington or leaving for other environs?
--Will the Ducks regroup and grow stronger?
--Is Wilmington "already full" for 16U major next year?  Is there any sense in trying out for the Nighthawks?

Does anybody have any insight?

Thanks!

Guest:
Take the drive to Team Philly or Delco

Guest:
Try out for nighthawks or drive to a different state. Auto bid nationals baby!

Guest:
I would stay away from any team in Delaware.  There are plenty of other teams in the area in either PA,MD or even NJ. Delaware hockey weak and there will be no real growth or change with the teams you listed.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on January 06, 2024, 11:14:33 AM ---Take the drive to Team Philly or Delco

--- End quote ---

Team Philly is solid through and through.  I really respect that organization.  But the drive there is a bit more than we  are able to endure.  That said, it is one of the organizations that he may try out for. 

DELCO may not be any better of a hockey situation than Delaware is. For us, it is a farther drive and probably not as good hockey.  In my opinion.  But I am open to pro-DELCO ideas....  Previously, I've lived in DELCO for years and years and I have a love/hate relationship with the county.  More on the love side though...ROFL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version