Author Topic: 2019USA Hockey Tier I and Tier II Recruiting Rule FAQ  (Read 13260 times)

Description:
USA Hockey Tier I and Tier II Recruiting Rule
Frequently Asked Questions

USA Hockey has instituted the following recruiting rule for Tier I and II sanctioned teams. There have been some questions about how to interpret the rule, including what is permitted and what is not permitted prior to the date/time that is 48 hours after nationals (the “Open Period”). The FAQ below is issued by USA Hockey and is intended to address those questions.

Downloadable .pdf attached

[attachment[/attachment]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 April 04, 2019, 09:09:57 AM
HOW MANY CLUBS ACTUALLY ADHERE? NONE!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 April 04, 2019, 09:19:40 AM

Bullcrap!!  I know plenty of clubs that do adhere.  If you have proof of clubs not adhering, report them.  If you don't report them, USAHockey can't do anything.

Most problems come from parents trying to recruit, a parent to parent communication... people convey that as the Club/program.  Club management (board members, coaches) can not recruit...they are official representatives of the club... not the parents.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 April 04, 2019, 09:46:43 AM
Not bullcrap, does your team schedule pre skate warm ups or pre skates or pre evaluations? Every team does it and it's how every team skirts the rules.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 April 04, 2019, 09:53:04 AM
Hahaha. What a joke.  I know kids personally that have already been told they have a spot on rosters of certain independent teams. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 April 04, 2019, 10:45:07 AM
Facts:
1.The rules say you can't recruit until after Nationals are over.
2.Most tryouts start 2 or 3 days after Nationals are over.
3.Many teams have their rosters picked before anyone steps on the ice for tryouts.

So since we all know everyone follows the rules I have decided that I will be waiting patiently by the phone for the 48 hours after Nationals and prior to tryouts starting, so I know exactly where my kid  is going to be playing this year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 April 04, 2019, 10:57:01 AM
Your joking right?  :o  ::)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 April 04, 2019, 11:33:58 AM
Not to rehash this old argument but these rules do absolutely no good for the kids or families. Why would USA Hockey decide to take away a family's opportunity to go check out a different organization by attending a pre-tryout skate? My guess is to protect organizations from losing kids. They want to control these kids as long as they can but maintain the right to drop them if a better kid comes along.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #8:
 April 04, 2019, 11:51:42 PM

Bullcrap!!  I know plenty of clubs that do adhere.  If you have proof of clubs not adhering, report them.  If you don't report them, USAHockey can't do anything.

Most problems come from parents trying to recruit, a parent to parent communication... people convey that as the Club/program.  Club management (board members, coaches) can not recruit...they are official representatives of the club... not the parents.

If reporting is the case.... it was well documented and reported that John Grave and Team Philadelphia sent targeted Quakers players emails and even offered them free jerseys if they paid a deposit in March. The district is well aware of it.
Explain to me how that does not get disciplined but a parent taking to another parent could.
Problem is the district is very selective on who they apply the rules to.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 April 05, 2019, 08:06:22 AM
Well, let's start with the fact that a parent talking to a another parent could NOT be disciplined because it is perfectly acceptable. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: