Author Topic: 2019USA Hockey Tier I and Tier II Recruiting Rule FAQ  (Read 13261 times)

Description:

James

Reply #10:
 April 06, 2019, 09:06:31 AM
Well, let's start with the fact that a parent talking to a another parent could NOT be disciplined because it is perfectly acceptable.

I love when people don’t read the rules.....please click on the link....Read FAQ #1 (entirely)

Now ....... tell me again how there’s no penalties for player Parents recruiting.....
Welcome to the Atlantic District
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 06, 2019, 09:45:29 AM
Well, let's start with the fact that a parent talking to a another parent could NOT be disciplined because it is perfectly acceptable.

I love when people don’t read the rules.....please click on the link....Read FAQ #1 (entirely)

Now ....... tell me again how there’s no penalties for player Parents recruiting.....
I love people don't understand what they are reading.
It is perfectly acceptable for a parent to talk to another parent. 
They just can't recruit.
So as long as the conversation is general in nature as outlined in the rule they can target specific parents without providing "a specific invitation or solicitation to a player to join the program or any team in the program."  (wink, wink)
Just curious, when is the last time a parent or team was penalized because a parent violated the recruiting rules? Maybe it happens, but I have never heard of it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 06, 2019, 09:56:01 AM
The reality is that at bantam and up it is the players that do most of the recruiting...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #13:
 April 06, 2019, 03:05:16 PM

I love people don't understand what they are reading.
It is perfectly acceptable for a parent to talk to another parent. 
They just can't recruit.
So as long as the conversation is general in nature as outlined in the rule they can target specific parents without providing "a specific invitation or solicitation to a player to join the program or any team in the program."  (wink, wink)
Just curious, when is the last time a parent or team was penalized because a parent violated the recruiting rules? Maybe it happens, but I have never heard of it.
Call Glen Hefferan. This section (Parents) was added recently. He has put this in place to protect 2 programs. 1 in north Jersey. The other being the JRF....over the last 3 years the girls program has lost over 35 girls at a specific age level.....so he has to look for a boogeyman....instead of looking at the fact that when you put out a poor product , people leave. When your team goes 5-48 I don’t think the problem is Parents recruiting that is losing the players.
However......they are going to try and enforce it.....how....is yet to be seen.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 06, 2019, 03:40:52 PM
First of all the rule itself does not even mention parents. 
It mentions coaches, teams, programs, and administrators (what ever that is).
Parents are only mentioned in the FAQ (FAQ #1, first paragraph, last sentence).  That line says a program or team can't avoid the rules by "recruiting through the player's parents".  So in order to actually violate the rule there needs to be some sort of connection between the parent that is doing the talking and the team and/or organization and the parent.  Absent of that, there is no violation. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 06, 2019, 10:26:31 PM
Not to rehash this old argument but these rules do absolutely no good for the kids or families. Why would USA Hockey decide to take away a family's opportunity to go check out a different organization by attending a pre-tryout skate? My guess is to protect organizations from losing kids. They want to control these kids as long as they can but maintain the right to drop them if a better kid comes along.
Bingo - all the rules around movement, tampering, contracts/releases are there to protect the clubs.  The clubs have to commit to renting a certain amount of ice and paying certain league fees - they need certainty on how many teams they will be fielding - hence why parents/kids are financially obligated to a club just for stepping in the ice.  They don’t want parents/kids shopping teams.  The rules are there to protect the clubs.  They are not in the best interest of the players.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 07, 2019, 03:06:39 PM
What gets me is the comments in the FAQ about tryouts for lower age groups.  It encourages local affiliates to make rules that "avoid tryouts and recruiting of players too far in advance of the following season".  Pretty sure they can't get  things any further in advance of the following season without having tryouts during the middle of the previous season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 16, 2019, 12:13:11 AM
Don’t feel bad for Quakers.  They scored 10 tier 1 boys that coach Brown promised spots two weeks ago.  They will repeat at U18AA easily.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 April 16, 2019, 05:17:42 AM
Don’t feel bad for Quakers.  They scored 10 tier 1 boys that coach Brown promised spots two weeks ago.  They will repeat at U18AA easily.

So the same thing that they did this past year then.
Nice.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 April 16, 2019, 09:36:32 AM

A few kids I know were told not to waste their time going as the team was already picked.
I guess Rich is also involved with the 16 team as he was contacting some 03s back in January.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: