Author Topic: Russian 10-year old goalie gone wild!  (Read 8069 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 25, 2022, 12:04:19 PM
"Hockey is crazy. This sort of thing does not happen in other sports- lacrosse, soccer, baseball".

Having coached baseball for many years I can say that that statement is soo false. Between parents yelling at the kids and umps to going after umps on the field and parents yelling to head hunt and to take out the fielder with a hard slide at the knees, it's just a crazy. I even had an opponents batter turn and crack my catcher in the shin cracking the guard and another charge the mound after being hit by a change up, I mean ouch a change up from a 15yr old. My team had to sign a code of conduct and I was not afraid to enforce it. The only one allowed to approach an ump was myself. I sent kids and parents to their cars during games, the coach has to set the tone in all sports and not back down to loud mouth parents and players.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 25, 2022, 02:21:58 PM
"Hockey is crazy. This sort of thing does not happen in other sports- lacrosse, soccer, baseball".

Having coached baseball for many years I can say that that statement is soo false. Between parents yelling at the kids and umps to going after umps on the field and parents yelling to head hunt and to take out the fielder with a hard slide at the knees, it's just a crazy. I even had an opponents batter turn and crack my catcher in the shin cracking the guard and another charge the mound after being hit by a change up, I mean ouch a change up from a 15yr old. My team had to sign a code of conduct and I was not afraid to enforce it. The only one allowed to approach an ump was myself. I sent kids and parents to their cars during games, the coach has to set the tone in all sports and not back down to loud mouth parents and players.

You must be playing baseball in North Jersey! There are bad parents and coaches in all sports, but I have seen nothing like Ice Hockey parents and coaches. They are just a different kind of crazy than other sports.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 25, 2022, 08:44:26 PM
Must of been a high scoring game being the goals shown by Warwick and the fact Warwick had an empty net for an extra attacker at the end.
I noticed that. Given that Warwick had at least a 5-0 lead at one point either their goalie was just as bad or they were running up the score for goal differential in the tournament.  Even if there was a delayed penalty, with what the score was it was bad form to do that at 12U.

All of that said, the goalie needs some help. Not joking. Fortunately he was too small to do much damage.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 25, 2022, 08:50:22 PM
Hockey is crazy. This sort of thing does not happen in other sports- lacrosse, soccer, baseball. I am a 3 year hockey parent and I can tell you, the parents in hockey are the issue. The things I hear parents tell their kids is crazy. The goalie should have shown self control. The kid that mocked him, if he was mine, would have been suspended by me. My kids do not act like that on the ice. I hope my kids leave hockey as the parents are nuts, some of the players are nuts and coaches set the culture. This sport needs to be cleaned up!
Parents are the problem in all sports. I got heckled, screamed, and cursed at by a group of people while officiating a middle school track meet last week. A track meet.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Russian Goalie On A Cart?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 7587
Last post May 28, 2018, 11:54:46 AM
by Youth Hockey Info