Author Topic: AAHA Releases 2019-20 Approved Tier 1 Membership  (Read 16747 times)

Description:

James

Reply #10:
 April 02, 2019, 12:57:37 PM
Makes sense! The best team in the district, with the best chance of WINNING A TIER I CHAMPIONSHIP, ranked #1 for the entire 2018-19 season, cannot qualify for a district championship! When was the last time the district won? Let's see, only the Valley Forge Minutemen have won in the Philadelphia area, sorry Mr. Graves and Mr. Ferrill! Oh yeah, since it's inception in 1969 the Little Flyers have also never won! Jerry Domish thanks you for keeping his record intact!

I assume you are talking about PHC. Let's not make it sound like that club is responsible for developing that team, they were already #1 ranked prior to going there. And I agree that the PLF is shit, but remember, that team did start there.
I have no issue with the District not granting them T1 status. First off, there are already too many T1 clubs in the area. We need to contracting the number of teams, not adding. Second, give them a few years to see how the club progresses. There should be a certain number of years waiting period before you can even petition for status.

The kids are the best kids period. They should be commended for sticking together and not worrying about what a district president does to try and hold them back.
However for the sake of the kids trying to put a national championship under their belt....just call LF and hang their name on yours.....everyone knows it’s PHC but screw the district .... hang a LF patch on and shove it up their behinds.....
LF have nothing at 05 anyway so it’s no loss to them to give you the slot
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 02, 2019, 12:58:51 PM
Who makes the determination as to which club(s) gets a free bye in districts? Revolution tier ll independent apparently does. Why would this be?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 02, 2019, 01:20:42 PM
Who makes the determination as to which club(s) gets a free bye in districts? Revolution tier ll independent apparently does. Why would this be?

Because there are no other non-dvhl district approved teams in the area. This past season, Rev and TP both had 16AA, so they had their own playoff to determine who made it to districts. With TP now in the DVHL, the Rev T2 teams get a free pass to Districts. I guess being a member of the district gives them that right, but there has to be some judgement call if the team isn't as good as another dvhl team.
At 16 National, the 3 dvhl playoff teams that did not advance to Districts(VF, Lancaster, Lehigh) were all much better than TP. They did not deserve that spot.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 02, 2019, 01:22:18 PM
Makes sense! The best team in the district, with the best chance of WINNING A TIER I CHAMPIONSHIP, ranked #1 for the entire 2018-19 season, cannot qualify for a district championship! When was the last time the district won? Let's see, only the Valley Forge Minutemen have won in the Philadelphia area, sorry Mr. Graves and Mr. Ferrill! Oh yeah, since it's inception in 1969 the Little Flyers have also never won! Jerry Domish thanks you for keeping his record intact!

I assume you are talking about PHC. Let's not make it sound like that club is responsible for developing that team, they were already #1 ranked prior to going there. And I agree that the PLF is shit, but remember, that team did start there.
I have no issue with the District not granting them T1 status. First off, there are already too many T1 clubs in the area. We need to contracting the number of teams, not adding. Second, give them a few years to see how the club progresses. There should be a certain number of years waiting period before you can even petition for status.

The kids are the best kids period. They should be commended for sticking together and not worrying about what a district president does to try and hold them back.
However for the sake of the kids trying to put a national championship under their belt....just call LF and hang their name on yours.....everyone knows it’s PHC but screw the district .... hang a LF patch on and shove it up their behinds.....
LF have nothing at 05 anyway so it’s no loss to them to give you the slot

Perfect solution, and LF get their National Championship, but it will never happen because it's the right thing to do! Giacobba looks like a genius at this point!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 02, 2019, 01:43:50 PM

Because there are no other non-dvhl district approved teams in the area. This past season, Rev and TP both had 16AA, so they had their own playoff to determine who made it to districts. With TP now in the DVHL, the Rev T2 teams get a free pass to Districts. I guess being a member of the district gives them that right, but there has to be some judgement call if the team isn't as good as another dvhl team.
At 16 National, the 3 dvhl playoff teams that did not advance to Districts(VF, Lancaster, Lehigh) were all much better than TP. They did not deserve that spot.

Complaining about the playoff format at the A National level?  Must be a sandbagger.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 02, 2019, 01:47:55 PM
It was a question. I don't really care who does what in any league or at any level to be honest, I have no horse in the club hockey race anymore.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 02, 2019, 02:19:53 PM
There is no question in the post I responded to, but there is a statement about how three teams were better that another team and one of those teams should have gone to districts instead.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 02, 2019, 06:15:55 PM
The Atlantic district needs fewer teams. The teams are so watered down now. Good not great AA teams can compete with these overpriced Aaa teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 April 02, 2019, 08:30:49 PM
Always makes me laugh to hear people refer to AAA as too much or overpriced. Why do you care what people do with their money?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #19:
 April 02, 2019, 09:46:55 PM

In the girls 19 T1 the Jr Flyers were 5-45 and they had a direct to district bid because the district wouldn’t approve any other T1 teams.....and the district T2 teams that they played beat them pretty bad ....... but the politics always gets in the way
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

2020-2021 AAHA Approved Tier 1 Teams

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 9
Views: 6256
Last post July 24, 2020, 09:13:01 AM
by Guest
2019 AAHA 18AA District CHAMPS